Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on making the get together on the S Platte and am wondering what flies should I tie and bring with me for that trip? I will be probably be fishing for the trout in the S Platte. Also is anyone bringing a float tube for 11 mile or Spinney?
Jim

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could someone please explain to me what scuds and midges look like please? I see them all over the places as flies to use but I don't know what materials I would need to get. There was a gentleman below Pueblo Dam on Saturday that was saying he had caught a dozen fish on a size 20 green bh scud. But unfortunatly he lost all the ones he had in his flybox.
Thanks
Jim

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the link Jeff I appreciate it. I have had this float tube for a couple of years and I think I have had it out once and I don't think I ever got more than 5 feet from shore.
Thanks
Jim

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info Rottal, I tie my Miracle Nymphs with "flex something" for the body then peacock herl for the head. What type of hook do you use that allows you to go below a size 20? I use Tiemco 3761 which I love to tie most of my nymphs on but they only go down to a size 20.

Is it Saturday yet? :D
Jim

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm going to be tying up a bunch of midges tonight. I will be tying these with a bh's with a dubbed body with ribbing and a peacock herl thorax. But I was wondering if you could describe what a "Red Tube Midge" looks like?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.