Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm going to be tying up a bunch of midges tonight. I will be tying these with a bh's with a dubbed body with ribbing and a peacock herl thorax. But I was wondering if you could describe what a "Red Tube Midge" looks like?

· Registered
46 Posts
Was shown a great way to make blood midges....start with a Daiichi #1273 red hook. just throw on some herl and possibly a silver lined glass bead and up near the eye and your done. The red hook makes for a very streamlined profile.

· Registered
193 Posts
never seen any midge patterns with gold and copper, but why not? the tube midge- use tube body material- red, glass bead and a tiny amount of peacock hurl. tube bodi is like thread- but its tubing, you wrap just like you woud any other material- that is my favorite midge pattern.

· Registered
46 Posts
You can use gold or copper beads...not many rules with midges, just what catches fish. A cream midge with small gold wire ribbing and a gold bead would work nicely. Slight variation on a Mercury Midge. Make that a gold tungsten bead for added weight.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.