Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We booked a trip with our favorite guide out of Salida Mark Richardson with Ark Anglers. This is the 3rd year in a row I’ve done this with the man and it’s fun! I highly recommend doing a fly fish float trip at any river with any one. Dry droppers were the key with rainbows being more interested in hoppers and browns more so with purple zebra midges.

I recorded the whole trip it was a good time, here you guys go if you care to see:

https://youtu.be/KqPD-JKLW7U

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good times on the Ark. Floated the Rio last week in South Fork with similar results-- Hopper/dropper.. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good times on the Ark. Floated the Rio last week in South Fork with similar results-- Hopper/dropper.. Thanks for sharing.
Nice to hear Vinnie! Any recommendations on whom to go with as the guide? or the company?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have my own boat.. Just have to be aware of private land but there is plenty of access to get in and off the river..

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have my own boat.. Just have to be aware of private land but there is plenty of access to get in and off the river..
Very cool! Thanks for the response Vinnie. Nice to know the river produces I'm sure there's plenty of guides to look up in that area. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
There's 2 fly shops in Creed---Orvis and another --- for info and friendly advice.. I floated the 8mi. stretch between Creed and South Fork.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ark was good this summer. Seeing that robust August flow was great. The two times I stopped off in my travels it was all dry fly for me. October should be very productive. My travels that way will be far less frequent so I'll be hitting it above Salida from now on when I do. Just too many rubber dinghys on the lower and that sucks for dries.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ark was good this summer. Seeing that robust August flow was great. The two times I stopped off in my travels it was all dry fly for me. October should be very productive. My travels that way will be far less frequent so I'll be hitting it above Salida from now on when I do. Just too many rubber dinghys on the lower and that sucks for dries.
man I wish I lived closer up there for years the Ark was kicking my ass finally last year I figured it out but now the challenge is crowds if you’re in the Leadville area got to be there early

1 - 8 of 8 Posts