Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got the float tube all ready to go for the year.

Just bought a new Super Fat Cat, pump and a fishfinder. I have the tube and the pump and pumped her all up. Checked it out and decided to look into fish finders and just ordered one from BPS. The wife bought me flippers and waders for my b-day so that should be covered.

Spring can't come fast enough as fas as i'm concerned. When I get the fish finder mounted i'll take some pics. Not fully sure how the transducer will mount but have some ideas.

Please let winter be over! ;D

Anyone wanna share some ideas on mounting a transducer on a float tube?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mine is mostly ready also! Only mine is only pumped up about 3/4 of the way full. Come on SPRING!!!!!!!! Will you be hitting those Ft. Collins Ponds? I will be!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ePiC, thanks for the link. I think I am gonna buy one of those. Seems it may be a bit easier than making my own mount. Not much different than what I was thinking.

I am gonna go and get a 12v rechargable gel battery to run the finder on. The kind they sell in hobby stores? I wonder how long it will last. I imagine it will work ok.

Any info on a bettery for it? ;D

Thank you again.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scorpion_bsk said:
Mine is mostly ready also! Only mine is only pumped up about 3/4 of the way full. Come on SPRING!!!!!!!! Will you be hitting those Ft. Collins Ponds? I will be!
Yeah, I will be hitting pretty much ever puddle of water. ;D

Now that I can get on them and scan the bottom, I hope I can learn a few things about places I have fished for years.

I also have a line on getting onto some private ponds up here as well. Hopefully they work out.

I'll be the one in the yellow SFC splashing around like a maniac. Hahahahah.

You putting a fish finder on yours?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I got one. I just need to find a bladder for it. Sportsmans is always out. As soon as I do I'll be splashing right next to you guys.

Was the fishfinder expensive? I never use electronics would it really help that much in a little pond?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
578 Posts
Zias said:
scorpion_bsk said:
Yeah, I will be hitting pretty much ever puddle of water.  ;D

Now that I can get on them and scan the bottom, I hope I can learn a few things about places I have fished for years.

I also have a line on getting onto some private ponds up here as well.  Hopefully they work out. 

I'll be the one in the yellow SFC splashing around like a maniac. Hahahahah. 

You putting a fish finder on yours? 
Well, maybe I'll see you out there. No, I'm not putting a fishfinder on mine. I wish I was tho! ;D Good luck on those private ponds, I have never had any luck getting permission to fish any!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
don't waste your money on a fishing buddy fishfinder, i bought one for my float tube and about the only thing it was good for was depth, it was always picking up my flippers or something. it was a $250 waste of $.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Zias said:
Not fully sure how the transducer will mount but have some ideas. 

For some tricked out ideas for you float tube, check out www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=81;guest=28443500 . Look under "Best of the Best".The website is dedicated to float tubers and pontoon boat fisherman. You will be able to find several ideas how to mount you transducer or fish finder. When I bought my pontoon, I spent several hours on the site getting ideas for my pontoon boat.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Michael in Parker said:
Zias said:
Not fully sure how the transducer will mount but have some ideas.

For some tricked out ideas for you float tube, check out www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=81;guest=28443500 . Look under "Best of the Best".The website is dedicated to float tubers and pontoon boat fisherman. You will be able to find several ideas how to mount you transducer or fish finder. When I bought my pontoon, I spent several hours on the site getting ideas for my pontoon boat.

Hope this helps.
Great link man! thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts