Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you get something like that at the store? I heard they work really well of the bottom, but how do you get it to float? Mine never float , only wigle to the bottom. Can you tie a smal bober to the hook?

Sorry if it is a stupid question.

g

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have used a syrnige to inject them with air...worked pretty good!
left_turn56

·
Registered
32 Posts
We use to fish for Bass in Kansas by injecting air into the worm. We also use to slip a marshmallow up a snell hook and get the worm to float that way. Caught a lot of Largemouth that way.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
A syrnige is the way to go. Those little bottles they sell for fishing dont work as good. The hole it makes is to big and allows air to come out of it.

IMO

-Jay

·
Registered
171 Posts
The syringe is the way to go. I think it works awesome. A lot of float and gets them kind of fired up so the wiggle more.

Just go to Wal-Mart and over to the pharmacy and ask for one. Tell them what you are using it for and they might give it to you for free. That's how I got mine.

Remember, don't wear your Grateful Dead t-shirt when asking. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
A word about the syringes, if you have the insulin type be sure to suck it full of water and squirt it out forcefully a coouple of times after inflation. If you don't they tend to clog.

If you can get a 22 or 20 guage needle rather than the 27 or 25 that come with most of the syringes they carry at drug stores they work better and are less likely to clog.

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your help.

How about leeches? Can you make it float? And do I need to use a big needle to put inough air in it?

g

·
Registered
171 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
eric said:
Remember, don't wear your Grateful Dead t-shirt when asking. ;)

Or your Nirvana shirt!!! :) :) :)

-Jay
LOL, yuppers. I think I was wearing a sportsmans warehouse shirt. I just didn't want them to think anything goofy. I brought my daughter with me also. I always thought you needed a prescription to get syringes.

Not sure about the leeches. I would assume that you could stick it up to your lips and blow into it. That might work. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts