Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jk, I went to Williams fork... Lol. Felt like Florida outside.

Girlfriend and I had to hunt for them but we found em. Caught all fish on 2 inch chartreuse jigs in 60 feet of water.. 10 lb test seaguar red label (because Danny is going to run his mouth) , by the east shitters. Girlfriend won overall with 2 slobbos and the bigger eaters, I was the dink dealer aside from the hoss laker.

Caught 17 fish from 8 inches to 28. Threw back the 28 incher.. Felt like I got my revenge after 5+ years of mishaps and break offs because my dumb ass used vanish for a long time.

On a serious note I love kremmling and grand county as a whole. Aside from the Jane Fonda superfan, everyone was nice to us and very hospitable. From the eastin hotel owners, the bartender who hooked it up, to the Denver water employee who pulled my boy out of a 3 foot snowdrift by the shitter, to the pizzeria owner at deantonios who busted my balls for ordering ranch with my garlic knots...

Pics to come when I'm done with my food in winter park and I'm in Denver. What a rad day.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Serious question: how thick was the ice?

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Serious question: how thick was the ice?
2 feet. 5 inches of slushy Ice on hard clear ice. Was mad easy to drag a sled. Ice got slushy in the afternoon with the warm temps and winds. If it keeps up ice will not last long.... Shoreline was getting soft quick. Probably my last session on the fork this season.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
2 feet. 5 inches of slushy Ice on hard clear ice. Was mad easy to drag a sled. Ice got slushy in the afternoon with the warm temps and winds. If it keeps up ice will not last long.... Shoreline was getting soft quick. Probably my last season on the fork this season.
Cool. Was wondering if I could get a soft water trip soon... Thanks, and congrats on the 28" laker!

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
good work with walter jr!...I believe Bernie still uses Vanish...

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking a shoreline slaughter is in the works!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here ya go. what an amazing weekend....

this picture is proof that there can be only one...

after a few drinks and a few hotcakes at the moose cafe in kremmling, it was time to go to the beach.

we had to hike around a mile or 2 to find the fish...

but when we finally found the spot it was on.

girlfriend kicked the **** out of all of us with these 2 slobbos. yes they were slobs.. 22-23 inches respectively. here's the scale to prove it too.

we still had fun doing our part to rid williams fork of it's pesky dink problem. hopefully the pike will be less lockjawed.

after my friends left to get their vehicle highended on a snowbank nearby... something magical showed up on my vex. after a 5 minute fight...

landed, took a quick pic before the GF's phone died, and off she went back into the depths.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Thor put on a hood up hoodie that hides your golden Viking locks?!...wtf?...Leif Erikson's Viking funeral just flamed out!...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Looks like you lost a bunch of weight. What were you wearing a shirt for? I even shedded mine for a while on Saturday.

Kremmling... Where the men are men, the women are men and the sheep are damn scared!!

Dantonio's rocks, he likes getting my Halibut, haven't seen him in a while I'll have to take him some Tuna. I hope he taught you not to disrespect the garlic knots.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
NICE!!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
very nice catching, you do know your not supposed to clean fish out on the ice,just saying, but maybe thats the sucker fillet I'm seeing, either way nice fish

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Funny how few of those over 23" lakers are in there.
It's typical for Co. Lake Trout lakes, very few make it to or past 20"s and it takes many years, then you have an 8 fish open limit at WF up to 30" so the few that do get picked off.
Green mtn is even worse, we caught 30 in a half a day last week between 14"-17", they all were in pitiful condition suspenders eating Plankton and cigar shaped. Very few make it past 18"s and no protection on the large ones.
At Granby we learned long ago to let everything over 20" go and set the tournament at under 19"s.
The eater size fish are in much better shape at Granby than most Lakes due to the Mysis Shrimp diet.
That fish on Dave's scale is 3 pds, I'm assuming thats the 23"er. At Granby 19"ers get over 3 lbs and average 2.5.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts