Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Are you going to get your recommended flu shot, or have?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• already did

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I was diagnosed with asthma 3 yrs. ago. Any and all respiratory and sinus issues kick my ass now. My doc won't let me go with out one now. So I guess i'm getting one!

Jim

S

·
0 Posts
Not me. Haven't had a flu shot in well over 25yrs, never gotten anything worse than a cold since then. If it aint broke, dont fix it :)

Im a firm believer that the more we force our bodies to depend on drugs to fix ailments, the more we lessen our immune systems own way of healing us. Call me crazy, but its worked for me, rarely will i even take an asprin.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
theo9805 said:
i've never gotten one, never planned to, and have never gotten the flu.

i have a 3 month year old boy though and since he can't get one and he's got a protective mother, i get one this year. i have a feeling though that next year when i don't get the shot i'm gonna get the flu. just my gut feeling. check back with me next year.
Good reason to get one! You can still get the flu but you much less likely to miss a week of work or have it enter your resipatory system. Especially if you have any cardiac issues already!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Neal/CO said:
theo9805 said:

i have a 3 month year old boy though and since he can't get one and he's got a protective mother, i get one this year. i have a feeling though that next year when i don't get the shot i'm gonna get the flu. just my gut feeling. check back with me next year.
Good reason to get one! You can still get the flu but you much less likely to miss a week of work or have it enter your resipatory system. Especially if you have any cardiac issues already!!!!
No issues at all, never had any. We hear all the doom and gloom about new strains of all kinds of illnesses, and every year they tell us to go get immunized, but i never have and have never gotten sick outside a common cold for a couple days. Have not missed a single day of work due to illness. To me the hype is all nonsense. I just prefer a more holistic approach vs medications.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Silent_Light said:
Neal/CO said:
theo9805 said:

No issues at all, never had any. We hear all the doom and gloom about new strains of all kinds of illnesses, and every year they tell us to go get immunized, but i never have and have never gotten sick outside a common cold for a couple days. Have not missed a single day of work due to illness. To me the hype is all nonsense. I just prefer a more holistic approach vs medications.
It is a personal choice, with no right answer. There is alot of hype, but flu kills untold numbers world wide every year!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Ephemeral said:
You need to add a "hell no" option
you don't have kids do you?
Neal/CO said:
Silent_Light said:
Neal/CO said:
theo9805 said:

It is a personal choice, with no right answer. There is alot of hype, but flu kills untold numbers world wide every year!
x2. I never thought I needed one, but with asthma, and kids in school, a flu shot makes sense now?

Jim

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Nope.. Never had one before so why start now.(Well I prob. use to get them as a kid)

I only been to the Dr. 1 time in the last 10 years and that was to get some pills for the poison Ivy I got a few months back.

Not to mention i have a Needle Phobia. LOL

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I had a flu shot 3 years ago and 2 years ago, I didn't get the flu those years. I didn't get the flu shot last year and I ended up with the pig aidz. So I suppose I will get one....

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
The shots they gave us in the Army would kill anything, I never even had a sniffle for 10 years. If they would release some of that to the public you might be surprised. Of course I was vaccinated to deploy to an action zone over seas and I swear the had a shot for things most people will never even hear of.

And to answer the question, HE!! NO, I think all these shots are what keeps making things mutate and get stronger and deadlier, and yeas I have kids, wussies, they think they need to miss school if they sneeze. Society is growing weaker by the day and depending on crap like this isn't helping.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
gots a baby in the house now, and I'm told I'm in the group that really should have one.

Hey, if it is a gubmint tracker, they'll be bored. A year ago they have gotten a lot more interesting data. >:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts