Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked if "I" have the experience of which I request of others. So yes, I've been fishing for year, I know how to cast, and know my baetis from my beatis. :)

This will be my second season in Colorado (With 32 years on Wisconsin trout waters!) and I'm looking to meet a few new fly-fishing pals to share the carpool/gas cost of heading out to the montains. I put a Craig's list post up...but have only attracted guys looking for, well let's just say it's not trout their after... Good grief. What a bunch of nuts. So the post will come down in a few days.

http://denver.craigslist.org/stp/2361684081.html

If you're in the Denver area and looking to partner up on fishing trips check out my post.
I've got the summer's off, and can break free for extended trips on the drop of a hat. Looking for experienced anglers --who can patiently work a section of water the whole day.

This coming Friday night to Monday night I'm heading down to the Arkansas for the Caddis hatch; might head over to The Park on Monday.

I hope there's a few on this forum who might be heading that way.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just wanted to say hello.
I have been flyfishing for exactly one year now and don't know many other guys that fly fish. Even though it has only been a year since I started I feel like I have come a long way and that I am ahead of the curve. I'm not looking to mooch knowledge off of other people I catch plenty of fish on my own. However, I would like to share the experience with like-minded people.
We should go out sometime for a day and see how it goes. I am and easy going person and get a long with most people. Unless, they are very against medical marijuana. I do love to "medicate" while on the river!
Also, I have a 30 foot RV that comfortably sleeps four guys. However, with gas prices the way they are now it takes at least two or three guys to make it worthwhile. obviously, the more nights you stay once you arrive at the river the lower the cost. I work for myself, as a fish taxidermist and reproduction artist, so I set my own hours and schedule. As a side note, I give the good buddy discount or GBD on all reproductions to my fishing buddies.
I'd love to go down to the Arkansas with you and get in on that caddis hatch before the River blows. We could go for one day and share gas for your truck or go for two or three and take the RV. I fished the frying pan a few days ago and it was lights out! I would love to get back up there for a couple days as well.
If you, or anyone else is interested in hooking up for some fishing let me know. Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts