Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always good to go fishing with a new friend...Well sort of a new friend. Troutbisquits and I have been messaging back and forth for about 2 1/2 years, about fishing holes, techniques, and fly fishing! We haven't ever gotten to fish because of both our conflicting schedules.

I did a video two summers ago when the team and I got into fly fishing, where we went backpacking up in the mountains and caught some really nice cutthroat trout. I caught my PB at the time and was instantly hooked on fly fishing. Aaron tied me the flies that got me into fish that weekend and I can't thank him enough for that experience!

It was good to finally get out with him...Luckily he was passing through my neck of the woods on a road trip and we got to get some lines out for a few hours. Had a great time landing some big trout on spinning gear on my end. Aaron was using his fly rod and was using streamers and a nymph. He had great success and even caught his first Snake River cutty in quite some time! He was kind enough to send me his footage, which you will see at the end of the video, if you have time to watch! Hope you all enjoy the footage and/or pics!

https://youtu.be/RzwbaHKsHIg

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts