Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is on fire right now up here I would recommend that you take a day and fish some of the water up here. It would be no problem for a good angler to hook up a grand slam. But of course you have got to use barbless hooks and practice catch and release so that we can preserve the resource. The Greenbacks are in full spawning colors and are just amazing. If you are up in the area you should drop into the Estes Angler and say hello. I am around most of the time but if not come say hey to Grant and we will send you to the spots that are on fire.

F

·
0 Posts
What constitutes a slam up there? I'm not a "good" angler so I might just get a swat but I'm interested. What waters are open?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I could use a good excuse to visit Estes. How is the water temps in the park? Are there any good hatches going on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The water temps are slowly coming up and there are some hatches coming off. Alot of little black stone flies, some caddis, bwo's, and midges. Stop off at the Estes Angler and I will show you which flies have been working well and give you some good advise of were the bit is on.
A GRANG SLAM in the park is rainbow, brown, brook, and greenback cutthroat trout.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thats great to hear..I love fishing the park... Its a great place to take the the family ...My wife usually lets me sneak in a few casts during our trips there...We go up often and picnic near Sprague lake....She and my daughter will hike the lake while my son and i creep up the creek that runs into it have to be really sneaky....I never knew there was a fly shop in Estes.. I will make a point of stopping in on the next trip.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The estes angler has a website that has a map on it and directions on how to get here. The site address is www. estesangler.com. Check it out. An if anyone is up the area drop in and say hello to myself or Grant.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anyone been up to the park recently? I checked the estes angler website and the last update was May 5. I'm thinking of heading up this weekend and don't know what the conditions are like. What would a recommendaiton be on where to fish in the park now? I haven't fished it before.
Thanks anyone that can help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts