Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for someone that would like free ride to the mountains. i mostly fish the canyon but am looking for something differnt this weekend due to the moss. was thinking deckers but not sure yet if anyone would like to go pm me before thursday

darrin

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I'm probably going to go fly fishing one day this weekend. Deckers is always great, Clear Creek was pretty hot last weekend. Its too early for me to know for sure what my free time is going to look like, but send me a PM and I'll keep you updated. I live in Denver, BTW.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live in the springs, would also like to learn some new rivers and spots i am down to go anywere

·
Registered
699 Posts
we are going up all day saturday and are gonna hit a few really unused areas on top of the canyon and the dream stream

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just got back from Eleven Mile this weekend too. We fished mostly in Cross Creek, but the moss was bad. Didn't do any good for Pike, but the rainbows were hitting pretty good on a black and yellow Panther Martin spinner, just had to find an alley between the moss to get a clean retrieve. Worms on a bobber were doing well too because you could keep them out of the moss as well. My rainbow catches averaged 14-18 inches, but others were catching rainbows in the 20-22 inch range. I heard the rainbows were also great at Lazy Boy and Rocking Chair, but I didn't go over there. The weather was terrible though. Rain, close lightning, and even hail on Friday. There was snow on Spinney mountain on Friday.

On Sunday, the weather got better though, and I went to the "dream stream" and did well with a BWO on the east side of hwy 59.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts