Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought me the book Modern Streamers for Trophy Trout by Kelly Galloup and Bob Linsenman for Valentines day. The book is great, and I could not wait to try some of the things I read in there!

I have been super busy with dad life chasing after my three rascals and I have not had time to make a trip up to any of the bigger rivers, so I decided to hit up a small creek close to me several times in the early AM before work. Although I only have about an hour of fishing time before I have to leave for work, I make the most of it.

If you want check out the video I made!

https://youtu.be/yw3bgNU4fpU

·
Registered
646 Posts
Love the excitement! You don’t expect a fish like that out of that small stream.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the excitement! You don’t expect a fish like that out of that small stream.
Yeah I would not have been nearly as excited to catch that one in the Colorado, or even the Poudre for that matter. Always fun pulling nice sized fish out of small creeks.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I'm a picky purist when it comes to fly fishing. I never considered a streamer a fly, so I use an UL spin rod to fish them. It works good. Especially, on bigger waters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts