Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your preferance for fly line color do you just pick a color you can see or do you worry about spooking fish. i saw some "camo" flylines that were being pushed for panfish in the weeds, do you think it matters or are they just trying to catch more fishermen?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Im still un decided on fly line colors...for the most part though it doesnt seem to be an issue if you leader is long enough. it would make sense though that a more subdued color would be a better choice...but i am not certain---ive caught thousands of fish with my bright green colored fly line so it contradicts that method of thinking. it definately wouldnt hurt to go with a camo or clear tip line though...but i dont think its neccisary.

Its also strange though how the fly fishing market approaches the subject...some manufacturers swear you need it in extra clear water or for spookey fish...but i think its more of a marketing ploy than anything else. as you said they just seem to be trying to "catch fisherman"...

T

·
0 Posts
I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH ROTTAL. FROM A FISHES VIEW THE LINES ARE BACKLIT SO ALL THEY SEE IS SOMTHING ON THE WATER SO I DONT THINK COLOR REALLY MATTERS AS ALL FLY LINES WILL CAST A SHADOW, EVEN THE CLEAR ONES. PERSONALLY I THINK IT COMES DOWN TO LONG ENOUGH LEADERS AND TIPPET SIZE TO SUIT THE CONDITIONS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts