Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
flyfishcolorado said:
    First off if you go make sure you watch a guy I like to call the Doctor. He's about 70 years old looks like he's been in the wind the last 25 of it and where's a trench coat. Now what makes the doctor special is he uses an orange sponge to fish with but everytime he goes to cast the fly its somehow wiped onto something he has in his coat. Fishing could be slow but once the magical swipe is made the Doctor catches fish.
This sounds like he is using something such as smelly jelly every time he "swipes" and is likely illegal since the lake is regulated as an artificials only water.  He is benefitting from something other legal anglers are not and should probably be reported.

·
Registered
545 Posts
VolFan said:
Thank you, captain obvious. Maybe he's just putting his hands under for a quick warm up before the next cast. Maybe he's adding flotant or sink to the fly.  Maybe he's soaking it with water for a more natural descent.  Maybe he's rolling little packages of crack.  Let's not be too hasty and give the old chap the benefit of the doubt.
Your quote is pretty offensive their dude. MODERATORS- HELLO!!!!!! You condone people like this????

I have seen more illegal stuff from innocent looking people than you could imagine and I often see questionable things on this site like people going out every weekend and catching limits and posting them on Mondays. I am sure lets give them the benefit of the doubt on that too of course... Maybe they eat limits of 10 kokanee every week or give them away to all their friends. Soon the DOW will tipped off about this site and I won't feel sorry for the offenders either.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
The DOW is very aware of this site and they know we don't condone illegal activity.  In fact, they may see the post and decide to do something about it (i.e. check people).  If we delete the post, how are they supposed to know what is going on?   Just because you may not agree with something doesn't mean it should be deleted.
Ken- My complaint was to the member that had a rather rude/harassing reply to my post by referring to me as "Captain obvious" which in my book is being a smart ass in my opinion. It looked like when you sign up for this site you agree to refrain from being offensive/harassing in posts to others but maybe I am wrong??

Definitely leave the posts up by people that the DOW may need to look into as I have seen some things I question on here but I won't mention who specifically. If it just doesn't dawn on someone that they may be breaking the law someone should maybe nicely question them on it first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.