Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've participated in a fly swap, but it sounds like a cool idea. Will there be an annual swap coming up any time soon? IS anyone planning to organize one? Count me in if one is in the works.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
slowdown said:
rmalling said:
So I've participated in a fly swap, but it sounds like a cool idea. Will there be an annual swap coming up any time soon? IS anyone planning to organize one? Count me in if one is in the works.

Several of us have done them, but the reception and participation have been suspect at best.
you otta be a politician ;D

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Throw out a feeler, see if there is interest, I think it's still a touch early for a swap, and in saying that I may participate if there is one in a few months time and rod building slows.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah I don't know what exactly happened, but there seemed to be an overwhelming number of people who would never fulfill their obligation. Really gets old after awhile.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I like the midges idea, most of them are easy enough to tie and I'd be interested in some of the custom patterns guys use around here. Basically, if you can't tie up around a dozen midges and get them submitted for the fly swap, you are a real bum.

·
Registered
764 Posts
swimbait said:
hey there Jake, hows life in the big city?
things are good. harvest is over so i finally have some free time. been to busy to get much fishing in. did shoot some birds last weekend though.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Yo Jake... Howdy mang... good to see you are still alive and kickin. Git to CO this winter for some trouts!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would be happy to host a midge swap if the turn in date would be around the first of February. Send me a PM and when we get at least 12 we will get it started.

Bob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts