Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you tye your own flies. would any of you be interested in a fly swap. we could each make a half a dozen flies throw them in a pile and then each take a half a dozen. i dont know about the rest of you but i defintaly get some satifation out of catching fish on flies i have tyed and haveing other catch fish on flies i have tyed also just a thought if there is interest i will work out the details. tight lines

·
Registered
46 Posts
Deputy,
I'd be interested in a swap. I've seen similar endeavors before on the www, but never for areas I fished. Lemme know details when you have then sorted out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres the way i have seen it done think it would be great but we are not haveing much interest.

first off we limit the number of particiapnts to lets say 12
than each person makes 12 of there favor fly. all the flies are sent in and you then recieve 12 different flies.

as each person signs up they should state what fly they will be making so we dont get any doubles.

i think winter would be a great time to do this i know i tye a lot more during the winter months.

if anyone is interested let me know otherwise i'll dump the idea.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fishingbabe said:
I would be intresed in you swap. have you reached yor 12 yet?
not yet i was about ready to give it up please list the type of fly you will be tying and if we get more responce will do it. personally i will be making a speical fly that i developed (read here stole basic design from my uncle and that i improved) for spinny in the spring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would be interested in participating and will offer up some "Bead Head Orange Ashers".  I saw this pattern in the Colorado Outdoors magazine this past summer.  I have had good results at the Arsenal with it on Bass and Bluegill.  Have also picked up a few bows in Waterton Canyon with it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PatMc said:
Good morning,
If you dont mind a basic tier, I would love to be part of your swap.
great the more the marrier just list the type pf fly you will by tying. if we can get a few more people we'll do it

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was thinking about a simple crawdad pattern. It works well for me on most species in both running and stillwaters.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i have a couple variations of the RS2 that is always my go to dropper when tricos and midges are present. Let me know how this swap might happen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts