Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i need a little more work on my foreign language skills. what the heck was that, that bit him?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was a big pike...you can see the head in the slow motion shots. They have some HUGE pike in europe. I would probably scream and crap my pants if that happened to me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That site does have bandwidth problems.... I can't seem to get anything out of it...

let alone a video a video that I really want to see now....

(will try later)

if i can get it I can look into rehosting it...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I dont think it was a pike or musky... the dorsal fin looked like a grayling type fin (very large) It wasnt a grayling though.
Did you see all the bugs flying around too, man I love fly fishing with that many bugs topwater is so much more exciting.

·
Registered
664 Posts
ePiC said:
I dont think it was a pike or musky... the dorsal fin looked like a grayling type fin (very large) It wasnt a grayling though.  .
I didn't think it was a dorsal fin, but a tail. Who knows?....only the screaming guy with the bleeding hand.

·
Registered
699 Posts
did some research last night even spent 2 hours on the phone with the Norwegian version of the game and fish. That video was taken ten minutes outside of Oslo and that fish in the video is a very scary thing that came about by accident and then someone released several hundred in that lake. The fish is a cross between a pike and a muskyand that one is small. the gent i talked to stated that these fish grow 12 inches a yr and were genetically engineered to go after the carp in the lakes so that the native fish can sustain there population. He also stated that there have been a string of these " difiguring attacks" in the lake that these fish are in. One flyfisherman lost his entire hand.

on a side note the guy i talked to said that colorado was one of his favorite places to fish in america and he frequents eleven mile in spring and fall

·
Registered
699 Posts
apperantly these fish make tiger muskies look small and are so agressive that the attack anything that ges in the water lol like long rod waivers lol

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
cross between a pike and a musky sounds just like our tigermuskie. i cant see losing a hand to one totaly mangled but gone? and if that is what it was it was a small one they have to be 36" to keep here

1 - 18 of 18 Posts