Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted a link to a foam indicator and I cannot find it?

Please help!

It was a no kink easy to adjust indicator for shallow waters and or weary fish...

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yaz Sir!

Thank you very much.

I have been searching all the wrong sections for awhile now.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
216 Posts
Used to use them foam indicators alot till they got eaten.. Now it's a foam beetle on top for the indicator -- you'll be surprised.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I tried to buy some of these, and it keeps failing. It says it can't connect to the credit card company. Anybody bought any lately?

I'm a little nervous about all my info stuck on the site. When I log off, and back on all my info is still there. I hope that applies to just my computer.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I did, and it still shows. These guys still in business?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Get some 2 or 3 mm foam and make your own. Plus you have the option of making different sizes to match conditions and nymph weight.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I normally use droppers when I want to go subsurface. It's a pretty standard method on the Ark.

I was going to try these for $5 you can't get hurt. My concern is my info being left there. I don't care that much about the foam thingy's.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Just looked, and info is finally gone. Life is good again. :smile:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are still in biz as of a few weeks ago. Local fly shop got some in to try out. They work well with light weight flys or light weight split shot but if you get a lil heavy it will drag the indicator under the surface. The owner of CJ's in town said the owner of the Dead Drift Indicator is looking into making bigger ones to handle the extra weight.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
A bigger one, or use two of them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I like the thing a ma bobbers. they stay up top and are very sensitive to a strike. just throw a loop around it when you attach it and they stay in place. I use the hopper dropper rigs as well, but like the indicator when fishing two nymph rigs.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I like the thing a ma bobbers. they stay up top and are very sensitive to a strike. just throw a loop around it when you attach it and they stay in place. I use the hopper dropper rigs as well, but like the indicator when fishing two nymph rigs.
Dude that's so 8bit! Try getting your self some bobber stops. You can adjust depth super easy and doesn't kink up your leader. I use them with dedicated nymph rigs. If I am just throwing one on for a minute or if I might go back to drys, I just peg the thingamabobber on my leader with a little piece of stick or pine needle. If you do it on your side of the line you can reel them into the top guide and they pop off and freely slide up and down the line. This is nice if you are landing big fish while fishing long leaders 10 + feet.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Dude that's so 8bit! Try getting your self some bobber stops. You can adjust depth super easy and doesn't kink up your leader. I use them with dedicated nymph rigs. If I am just throwing one on for a minute or if I might go back to drys, I just peg the thingamabobber on my leader with a little piece of stick or pine needle. If you do it on your side of the line you can reel them into the top guide and they pop off and freely slide up and down the line. This is nice if you are landing big fish while fishing long leaders 10 + feet.
yeh; I guess??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts