Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Food Saver bags, since I hope to have a need for them. 8)

These are way expensive when you buy them at the store.

Uline hase brand name quart bags, carton of 44 for $24, or

their brand, 100 for $42.

Anybody try these? ???

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I haven't but I'm VERY interested in the reviews I've read online.

I buy the roll of Food Saver film, make my own bags... A little cheaper.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a lot cheaper to use the roll and make your own bags, but I've had trouble getting a consistent seal with my machine. The pre-made bags are much easier to use when you are trying to put up a bunch of smoked salmon.

Uline's price on their (8"x50') quart sized roll is $17.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
cabelas has their brand of bags, they were onsale 100 quarts for like $17 last year, i should have bought more they work great and I agree pre made bags are better than roll. If you have a grand the vacuam chamber machines really rock and bags are pennys, long payback though....

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I found a bunch of discontinued seal-a-meal 11"x24' bulk rolls a few years ago at Walmart. I think I paid $5 a roll, I baught all they had (23 rolls). They work great, I've never had a problem getting a good seal on them. Zip-loc has a line of vacuum bag, I would steer clear of em. They seal at first but as soon as they freeze the pop open.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
It's a lot cheaper to use the roll and make your own bags, but I've had trouble getting a consistent seal with my machine. The pre-made bags are much easier to use when you are trying to put up a bunch of smoked salmon.

Uline's price on their (8"x50') quart sized roll is $17.
I've found the 'seal a meal" bags at Costco, in a variety pack, 2 large, 2 small, rolls, for like $20 if My memory serves....

You have THAT much Salmon?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts