Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Re: For those in Colorado Springs, 20 care pileup video on Powers and S. Carefree

That's crazy. I was down there today.. Accidents all over. The streets were very slick and very little or no sand at the intersections...

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Re: For those in Colorado Springs, 20 care pileup video on Powers and S. Carefree

I heard about it this morning. I used to live very close to there and have driven up and down that hill countless times. Quite the body shop stimulus program.

·
Registered
297 Posts

better than what went down in arkansas an hour ago.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts

sswan said:
I heard about it this morning. I used to live very close to there and have driven up and down that hill countless times. Quite the body shop stimulus program.
:D I was just telling my wife that.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts

I also saw on the news today that they had to close southbound I-25 at Circle due to a pileup.

·
Registered
297 Posts

and as a truck driver who worked yesterday, I will say that most people in this state drive like f*cking morons in snow.  I had 4 people cut me off and one person flip me off because I was going 30-40 mph on I - 76.  unfortunately for those people, they were doing 75 on black ice and one jackass ended up kissing the median guardrail as well as 5 other idiots that ended up losing control and rearending other drivers who were probably very cautious.  Darwinism at it's finest.

and Eff the DOT. in weld county, they did not do a damn thing to plow/sand/spray the roads. US85 was an ice skating rink as well as all of fort lupton and platteville.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts

I agree. I drive 35K miles a year, but I'm not a professional driver. I pay attention to what the pros are doing when I'm on the road in inclement conditions.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wait, my 4 wheel drive DOESN'T mean I can ignore the fact that there's snow? Crap..

Funny how it always seems that when we have large snow storms people act like it's a normal day - they go shopping, to the movies, whatever.. Stay home and your vehicle will live to see another day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts