Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ed, I have fished La Cygne lake before in Kansas. It's a power plant lake that is open to fishing year round. Very good fishing near the warm water inlet.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Cope-The other one, of course, is Wolf Creek Nuclear which sits on Coffey County lake. Actually , from most reports it is even better than LaCygne but they are both excellent. Like I said, wish we had something like that here. I am driving out to both in Jan-gonna spent 3-4 days at each then drive to Lk. of the Ozarks if the weather is OK. There is a third power plant lake in KS thats open to the public-they have not one but two lakes and from what little info I have gotten so far, its a great walleye and smallmouth lake. Ed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ed, I've never fished at Wolf Creek, but have always heard it was a good place to fish there.

I grew up not to far from LaCygne so probably fished there 2 or 3 dozen times a year. If you're heading out that way on a fishing trip, try Hillsdale if you get a chance. It's great for crappie and bass! Crappie limit in Kansas is 50 per person per day, and there have been a couple of times we got our limit for a fish fry.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts