Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it stay ice free and easy to access all winter? was thinking in december hitting it up to chase BBW's

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I've fished there in winter and have always found it ice free.

What you have to worry about are your guides freezing up. And the treacherous rocks.

Jerkbaits.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Ive never seen it iced in the winter but I second what KD said. there are some ankle breakers out there for sure in the Winter. Its been awhile but I dont recall it being that difficult to access.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I have iced it a couple times, it def freezes over and is sketchy. I have seen a couple people laying on the ice with big green bottles of whiskey around them, crawling, icing, and being generally idiotic.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Neither the green bottle OR the individuals were nearly as dignified as AO or Jameson :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
(preparing for crucifixion)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
AO and his green bottle?

Two things:
1. I have never been to Forebay.
2. "Real" fishermen, such as myself, never drink to the point where they can no longer fish. :cool: Not while they are fishing anyway... :biggrin1:

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Forgot to add-the water around the pumphouse on lower twin often is ice free.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Word. Might try it this late fall early winter. From looking at past reports it has potential.

You're right about those rocks too...,..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Now that I know what that lake is. No way I'm trying it when the rocks freeze. My body would HATE me. If I ever make it there again I'll walk the opposite way looking for noteworthy feesh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts