Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be heading up north to play some ball on Sat. Was wondering any wakless lakes up near fort collins area?So any ideas would be great need to know if boat should stay or go with me?

·
Registered
664 Posts
There are many ponds in the Fort Collins area that hold LMB, crappie, bluegill, catfish and carp (Riverbend, Prospect Ponds, North Shields Pond, Mcmurry Ponds, Dixion Reservior, Kingfisher Ponds) These are all open to canoes, pontoons, and belly boats. Watson Lake is in Bellvue, slightly north of FTC and has trout, smallmouth, and sauger. It is belly boats only. I believe Lon Hagler (south of Loveland) is wakeless as are some of the other small ponds and lakes in Loveland but I'm less familiar with those.

·
Registered
514 Posts
douglas and lonetree are wakeless. i have had better luck at douglass. lonetree has good fish but they can be tightliped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Douglas is North of Ft. Collins about 5 miles. Take hwy 1 north out of ft. Collins when the hwy starts to curve to the right you take a left, I think there's a sign there. Then about a mile (your still going north) take a left. Then 1/4 of a mile take a right to the lake. Not very good directions but there's signs when you get close. I was there Sat 5/20 and the end of the boat ramp was just barely in the water. Some were still able to launch. Don't know if the waters gone up or down since then, hopefully up. We had a canoe and did OK. Two small small-mouths. Two crappie (one good sized) and three Wipers 14-15 inchs. All on Pather Martin spinners or Thomas bouyants. The wipers put up a really good fight. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts