Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished a high lake today. OK fishing, a few cutties, altho most were interested more in loving, than our presentations. Anyway, on way back, found a bag on shoreline,..filled with fly stuff. No one around, waited an hour, and who knows how much before that. Felt kind of guilty taking it, but like a
I said, no one near. Thought about leaving it, but some other smuck might have picked it up. So, if anyone lost a hole sh**load of flies, tippets, indicators, etc, please pm me, and tell me what brand of bag, contents, etc., and I will gladly return. If not, I may just become a fly guy!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the owner. Searching thru the bag the third time, deep down in one of the pockets, I found his fishing license. Now, most people keep their license in their wallet, but luckily, he didn't. So I was able to get it to him thru his address on his license.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Way to go!!! I'm sure he thought he'd never see it again. He had to be very happy. You should be happy AND PROUD. YOU DID THE RIGHT
THING!!!!! Way to go.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Good elk karma coming you're way Ed

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Instant karma. Since finding the bag and returning it, I decided to put my name & phone # on my fishing bags. As luck would have it, or un-luck, my fishing bag, with replaceable but valuable stuff,...was left behind at a high country lake a few weeks back. I fretted, but hoped for an honest person to find it. A few days later, I received a call, saying he found it, and wanted to return it to me. As luck would have it, he lived less than a mile from me. Thank you, Vince! Hopefully, a new fishing partner.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Happy endings, gotta love'em.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts