Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Scampering around in Cheesman Canyon today, I came across a flybox. If you have lost one in Cheesman Canyon... please describe what you lost: kind of box, types of flies... quantity of flies, anything unique. :) Would love to get this back to it's owner. :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We didn't have much time in the canyon... I had not hiked there before from the top, and was cursing the whole way there and back because my new boots last year were too tight with my new waders this year... and it's a long hike up and down both ways The water was fishable but slow and clear or shallow in much of it. The HUGE boulders are amazing but limiting for access. I was able to spot some fish, but the fishing was off by early afternoon ~ canyon was dark. Since they want you out of the parking lot before sunset, that really limits your time. We did catch, but nothing to write home about. So if you go... go early to get in. From the top, we were the only two there except a couple of other guys that I think headed up to the dam... spin fishers. We headed a short ways down river. The next time I go... I'm heading down and getting in there early. The parking lot at the lower entrance to the canyon was filled. I have yet to hike that to river to see what it's like.
Best!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Take a pack and put your stuff in there, then put it on when you get in the canyon.

Think small 20,22,24 brassies, red midge worms, rs2, G-Gnats.

Have fun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Take a pack and put your stuff in there, then put it on when you get in the canyon.

Think small 20,22,24 brassies, red midge worms, rs2, G-Gnats.

Have fun.
This is my year round Cheeseman (south platte) 18 Red San Juan rig. 24 Brassie 22 Brown RS2. It seems I always produce fish with this rig. I will of course vary pattern during strong hatches, but always go small! IMHO8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts