Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a hike in a wilderness area and found something I've wanted to catch for years! Landed tons cutties from 12-18", and 6 goldens. I didn't even know the goldens were in there until I caught the first one, and it was a nice surprise as I've wanted to catch one for years! Also if you look closely at pics 4 and 7, you'll notice that they're the same fish, I caught it twice!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Wow, too cool. Those have not been stocked in Colorado since like, what, the '70's?

Good job on locating them.

Ever think about catching trout the way God intended?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Very cool.
Nice looking fish.
But you did forget to give coordinates.....>:D

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, too cool. Those have not been stocked in Colorado since like, what, the '70's?

You mean with power bait? ;D

I believe they quit stocking them here around '76, but within the last couple years they were stocked in to a few lakes here again...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Beautiful pictures..great fish! The one's they've stocked down this way haven't grown nearly as fast as those. Very nice.

·
Registered
883 Posts

DOW stocked O'haver lake with goldens last year.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great work! Awesome troutskies. Goldylocks have been stocked in 2 lakes on my local mountain last year as fingerlings, can't wait for them to grow up!

Ryan

1 - 20 of 34 Posts