Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made my way to a few of my spring lakes for a day trip, I started with Lagerman Res. in Boulder, I got skunked.

Then I went up to Pella Lakes and fished the first lake north of the parking lot, I got a 24 inch channel cat on a pink twister tail and 2 lb test. I was fishing for perch, but I never found them, later I walked up to the two new pond in this park and was skunked again. The lakes are very clear and clean, I plan to fish them more later in the year.

I finally made my way to Boulder res, I took my bread and butter lures to my favorite spot for walleyes but all I got was three smallmouth bass, the largest 17 inches. Word to the wise, make sure you check your drag on your reels before you make your first trip out fishing, I lost one of those new x raps on a smallmouth bass that hit me right as I was about to pull the lure out of the water, snap! I wasn't ready for the hit and on 6 lb test, bye-bye x-rap 5.99 down the tubes.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The best perch fishing at Pella is the 2 lakes, on the other side of 75th. I have a psot somewhere around here, titled "Honey Holes" or something. Good luck, see my reports under Pella for a pic of a huge perch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts