Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I didn't put this is in sooner. I saw how whenever someone catches at ponds, 6 or 7 people (including me  :-[ ) ask where it is, and the next thing you know, everyone is fishing there. Anyway, I was being selfish, and wasn't going to mention this location (again sorry  :( ). So a couple of weeks ago, I hit the front pond for a few hours. I got 4 Largemouth, and 2 bluegills. All off nightcrawlers except one bass off a jointed shad-rap. I also had one on a jig & pig, but it shook off before I landed it. Since this outing, untill today, I have been skunked Bass fishing (including 2 visits @ same spot). I know Karma when it hits. I would have reported this sooner, but I had to break Karma's curse myself.   ;)

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
No problem with your late release of information. I tend to do that sometimes too. Especially for small ponds.

Releasing late info is A-OK! Look at the DOW reports. "Fished stocked in the last couple of weeks" :D

Call me selfish or whatever. But ya just need ta get out there and do the dirty work yourself sometimes, ya know.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
1eyeReD said:
No problem with your late release of information. I tend to do that sometimes too. Especially for small ponds.

Releasing late info is A-OK! Look at the DOW reports. "Fished stocked in the last couple of weeks:D

Call me selfish or whatever. But ya just need ta get out there and do the dirty work yourself sometimes, ya know.
Don't get me wrong though... I am one of those guys who like to ask a lot of the who what when and where questions too. Hehehe.. 1eyeReD << Hypocrite. :p

·
Registered
636 Posts
I used to hunt at the Easement many years back. I loved that place. I hear you need to make reservations now though and I don't know what it looks like now. anyways, I used to hunt by the pond waaaaaay in the back. When nothing was flying, I would pull out my little survival fishing kit, catch some hoppers, and catch the bluegill like a mofo. Have you tried the back pond?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet, but I'm probably fishing there Saturday. If so, I'll hit the back pond 1st. I haven't seen anyone tubing in F.E. do you know if they're allowed? I haven't seen or heard anything that says you can't? The bluegill I got out of the front pond were pretty nice sized 8 1/2 - 9 inches.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't know about using tubes. I would think that it would be okay. Anyways the back pond is quite a hike so I would recommend riding a bike down the dirt road next to the hills. I heard rumors that some big bass have came out of there back in the day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So just where is this "back pond"? Is it past the dam? I walked it last week and couldn't figure out which one it was. The lake next to the plant(on your left while walking to the dam) was posted with P/P signs but looked as though it was fished. The lake across from the dam was posted also. Front lake looks like it has great potential. Does anyone know about canoes on the lakes there. It just says wakeless.

·
Registered
636 Posts
steelheader,
the back pond I was talking about is not even by the front ones next to the parking lot. It is waaaaaay in the back of the property on the south-east side. It has been at least six years since I was there so I don't know if it is still there or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks. Guess I'll have to try another hike-in. So where do you fish for Musky? I tried Hagler a while back but the lack of a boat made it fruitless.
Dan

·
Registered
636 Posts
Fishing for Musky is my priority this year. I have yet to catch one but I am going to hit Pinewood, and Evergreen this year when the water warms. Tried Quincy and Gross but no luck (however seen a nice one at Quincy). Just have to keep casting and keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just wanted to add that the back pond did in fact used to be the bomb back in the day, like 10 years ago.  Wall to wall vegetation, with numerous 4-6lbrs.  When the water was up, boy I had some seriously fun days...  At that time, they pretty much killed the fishing by introducing a heard of the dreaded grass carp into the mix.  Completely consumed all the greenery and put it into a tailspin.  A number of people also started to find out about the place and I ran into a few who were carrying out 5 and 6lbrs on freaking stringers :'(.  That combo pretty much sealed it for me and I moved on.  Anyway, haven't fished it in a long time, probably still worth trying if you live around there, but it's most likely only a shadow of what it once was...   

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I fished there Saturday, to no avail.   :-[   However, only one person I talked to caught anything. He got one Bass. I walked to maybe the 3rd pond. Ran into the No public beyond this point signs. I fished the little bay there. There is a neighborhood on the otherside of this fairly large pond. I hooked 5 of the Grass Carp (probably), on a X-rap, and jointed shad. The closest I got one to shore was w/in 2 feet. When after awhile, I realized all I was seeing were the carp, I moved back to the 1st pond. If it says wakeless, I'm sure canoes would be fine.   
   Got Musky--- I'm sure you know this, but if you're looking for the musky at Pinewood. Walk across the damb and follow lake till the inlet. You can watch them cruising there.  Good Luck. Also, you may not Know this. We have musky in Lake Estes. People will tell you the signs (Musky limits) are just for tourists, but I've seen them (a few times). They're not as pressured as the Pinewood ones. Acctually hardley fished for at all.   

1 - 13 of 13 Posts