Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be working in the Fraser area in for most of the month of July. I will be working out of a camp in the area. Sounds like the rest of the company will be heading home for the weekends.

So I am wondering what are my best options in the area in July? Are there any cheap places I can get a room for friday night? If I am going to stay and fish the weekend I may want to wash the oil and exhaust off my carcass.. Or should I just rinse off in Hot sulphur? I am guessing that the rivers may be blown out, so should I haul up tube for still waters or just bank fish. How about between shadow mtn and grandby? ANyway looking for tips from people that know the area. Feel free to PM if you don't want to hot spot.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Just stay away from the neighborhood fish pond!!! ::):thumb:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I think I am going to save the money on a room and just go shower and soak at hot sulfur springs for $18.50, we will have trailers so if I really want a bed I won't have to cuddle with Big Nick or Nacho on the weekends when everyone leaves. But my big agnes pad is 4" think and pretty damn comfy.

Thanks for the tip Clackaram, I spent three summers up in Northpark. One with the FS and two with Colorado State Forest Service living in the bunk house accross the street from Ranger Lakes. Which was OK for subsistence fishing to stretch the beer money. So much good fishing in the park I never made it down to grandby and never even scratched the surface. I may have to drive up there anyway to see how it is doing, fish some old haunts and see the green patches we made when I helped set up salvage sales during the beetle outbreak.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just stay away from the neighborhood fish pond!!! ::):thumb:
If I find a Koi pond up there I am going to fish the hell out of it! That's just how I roll.:thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will be working in the Fraser area in for most of the month of July. I will be working out of a camp in the area. Sounds like the rest of the company will be heading home for the weekends.

So I am wondering what are my best options in the area in July? Are there any cheap places I can get a room for friday night? If I am going to stay and fish the weekend I may want to wash the oil and exhaust off my carcass.. Or should I just rinse off in Hot sulphur? I am guessing that the rivers may be blown out, so should I haul up tube for still waters or just bank fish. How about between shadow mtn and grandby? ANyway looking for tips from people that know the area. Feel free to PM if you don't want to hot spot.
Bugz
TTwitty here.
I am heading up to Gramby Ranch in July for a month and perhaps we can hook and wet some lines. Hopefully the streams and river will be fishable by then.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Your in a great area to fish. really anywhere on the Colorado. I prefer pumphouse and down not as many bugs and a little more elbow room if you head up towards gore. River between the two lakes is good but super crowded. The WF is another good spot at high flows. Theres always room for another if you dont mind ball busting and beer drinking :biggrin1: where almost always camping ourselves.

·
Registered
315 Posts
YMCA in the area is a good place to stay a night or 2. The only YMCA that I have been to that I like

1 - 10 of 10 Posts