Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats with all the wind? There is nothing I hate more than trying to fish in the wind. Its a major P.I.T.A!!!!

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

M

·
0 Posts
I went out on Saturday and was OK. I think it's just a Sunday thing. ???

·
Registered
110 Posts
i know what your talking about but this morning looks good... going down to south platte park today it was real windy a few days ago but i just went for a walk last time...

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Ed said:
I think it's just a Sunday thing. ???
I know. Saturdays look good but sundays are ez'er for me to go fishing(Work wise)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

L

·
0 Posts
Boat control in the wind. What a fun subject.

Early mornings are usually the calmest time of day.

I hate wind too.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I got blown off of Aurora last Wed. Its just to hard to control the boat when that wind is howlin. I was thinking of going out this Wed. 4/5/06 but the weather woman (mmmmm Kathy Sabine :-*) says that its supposed to be windy again. I guess I'll see how bad I need the therapy come Wed. morning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't complain about the wind - when it goes away every yahoo with a zebco comes out of the wood work. Enjoy spring and fall, the true fishing seasons in Colorado.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love to fish on the wind swept shorelines. This weekend we absolutely destroyed the trout at Lathrop State Park during the wind storm on Sunday.
I knew it was going to be a good day when the poser fishermen ran back to their cars and split.

Like I said, we destroyed them and stopped counting after forty fish. Needless to say the drive from C/S was well worth it.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Wind warms the water up faster this time of year.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Lynmack and T2 are correct, the fishing is great in the wind. The solution I use is a bigger anchor and getting it wet! Once you eliminate boat control issues all you have to do is stay warm and unhook fish. ;D My best days have been under the worst conditions, anchored upwind of a good spot (usually on the windblown shoreline). Give it a shot next time before you leave because of the wind! Hope this helps. Looney.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Use the wind to your advantage and drift with a sock (or two) instead of troll. You can tweak your direction with a little help from the trolling motor. There is nothing better than a good walleye chop when fishing for the eyes.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know, I know....No wind, No walleye .

Doesnt make it any better :)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

M

·
0 Posts
wind at aurora/quincy = fish on the line...almost every time...excpet when thee waves at aurora are literally big enough to sutrf on....then head back to the Q

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea im on the wind haters side >:D I only have a 14ft aluminum w/a 1964 5.5hp - when that wind starts making whitecaps.... i cant move anywhere except with the wind without getting soaked & pissed. Plus i railed some waves too hard last week and i think it split open a crack/leak in my boat a bit further so now im takin on more water than ever lol. And on top of that - when the wind is blowin its friggen impossible to get my boat back on my trailor(its kind of **** ). Thank the merciful fishing gods though b/c i only have to put up with chatfield fishin for another month.... then im off to canada for a 3 month tour of fishing heaven ;D Hate to rub it in but seriously.... I cannot wait to get out of this stinktown.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
chatfieldfisherman said:
im off to canada for a 3 month tour of fishing heaven ;D Hate to rub it in but seriously.... I cannot wait to get out of this stinktown.
Do you have any room in your suitcase for my fat a$$????

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
the wind at Aurora was horrible today, but I did pretty well in the afternoon. Caught 4 trout drifting crawlers from my pontoon boat. One trout was a fat 20 inch trout. I wear waders and a gortex goat so I stay pretty dry. I think I have caught more trout at Aurora when the water is choppy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts