Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a very large supply of batteries that have come out of an APC UPS system, these batteries are 5-6 yrs old but have almost no cycles on them, they have been kept in our data center in the best of conditions and are only being replaced due to warranty compliance, all of them were working perfectly and i use them for many projects at my home frequently, while they are older they have a long life in them still, i use them for my flasher for several winters and have never had one go bad, they still hold a charge like new.
i am offering these to anyone that can put them to use, they will run your flasher or other 12v electronics, they are exactly like the vexlar batteries, they will make great 2nd or backup batteries.
they are all 12V 7.2Ah batteries, part # GP 1272 F2
please contact me by email if you are interested, again they are free and will need to be picked up, no shipping or delivery, I'm offering these to you but don't want to make a career out of getting rid of them, you can have virtually as many as you would like.
you can reach me at [email protected], the batteries are very close to the loveland Sportsmans Warehouse.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Could you run a trolling motor with these. I have a 40 lb minn kota and need a battery. Can these be put into a 12 volt series. Ok I admit it don't know crap about this typ of thing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
while i have never done it, yes you could, i'm not sure how many it would take to get a reasonable run time similar to a normal deep cycle batt, but i believe you could do it.
you could probably work out the math of a deep cycle battery and figure out how many 7.2Ah batteries it would take to get the same battery life....hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Wapiti very cool of you, If I was in your area I would definitely pick one up.

I once ran my my deep cycle dead and used one of these to get back to the dock. It worked just fine on a 36lb minn kota, but I doubt it would last very long!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheUkrainian said:
Wapati...

I sent an em to your work address...waiting for your instructions.

Thanks. That's might nice of you.
What is your email, I have gotten a lot of replies on this. Not sure if I got yours or not...

·
Registered
838 Posts
I would take a half dozen if I had a way up to get them. I use a similar one to run my FF on my toon. I've had it for 7+ years and it still hold a good charge.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thanks Wapati, you set up my friend Rick and he set me up w/ a couple for my aqua-vu. Had 12.6v on em and quickly charged to 13.8v and held it, again, many thanks, very generous of you!

Chadfish

1 - 20 of 67 Posts