Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says: free lures (come with the box shown) and an Ugly Stick Lite rod (7 ft Medium). Most of those lures catch fish fine. A youngster is probably someone 16 or below. I won't check ID's but...

I live in Thornton. Going to the other site (FXR) if this isn't gone within the next two days.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found more stuff. Also free to a youngster:

7ft medium heavy Cabelas XML rod and senko type baits. You don't have to take all of this together. I would rather give it someone who is going to use it.

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
That XML is a good rod, I've used one for pike for years! Kudo's to you AO!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, found a couple of reels I also want to give away:

Not in mint condition but both work.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Good stuff Linh! Got to get these kids into fishin. Especially with some good gear.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Gear

Very cool to see folks offering up stuff. I teach fifth grade at a low income elementary school in Federal Heights. I am trying to start a fishing club. I have been looking for any types of donations to get things rolling before spring. We are right up the street from Sportsmans, I wonder if they would offer any type of support? Regardless, it's very cool to see people offering up gear.

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
Very cool to see folks offering up stuff. I teach fifth grade at a low income elementary school in Federal Heights. I am trying to start a fishing club. I have been looking for any types of donations to get things rolling before spring. We are right up the street from Sportsmans, I wonder if they would offer any type of support? Regardless, it's very cool to see people offering up gear.
Ralpert, I have 3 beginners setups to donate to your cause, 2 spinning combos and 1 baitcaster combo. I'll see if I have some hooks to donate, I also have some assorted jigs you can have. I'll check for more through the week and I'll get back to you later in the week! Good dead you are doing there!!!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you think you can put this stuff to use, it's yours. PM coming your way. I'll throw in some extra lures.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Yep and my mini warehouse could use some thinning...will try and get to it this weekend...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks sooo much. I will post some pics of our first outing. If anyone wants to volunteer some time, that would be awesome too.
I am at pinnacle charter school
1001 west 84th ave, federal heights, 80260

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Awesome! Ralpert I'll go through my stuff this weekend and shoot you a pm too.

Another thing to consider is contacting the CPW... I've volunteered at a bunch of fishing events held by different police departments. Northglenn PD used to have a great kids fishing event(been a few years since I've volunteered at that one) and the CPW provides all the kids with zebco combos and tackle boxes with basics inside and all the CPW fishing handouts. The kids were thrilled when they found out they got to take all the fishing stuff home!

I've got a crazy schedule between working and coaching but if I can sneak away I'll help out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's a great idea. I will contact them.

There is a pond near our school. Across the street from water world. That woulf be a good place to go practice casting.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts