Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
357 Posts
Gear

Very cool to see folks offering up stuff. I teach fifth grade at a low income elementary school in Federal Heights. I am trying to start a fishing club. I have been looking for any types of donations to get things rolling before spring. We are right up the street from Sportsmans, I wonder if they would offer any type of support? Regardless, it's very cool to see people offering up gear.

· Registered
357 Posts
Thanks sooo much. I will post some pics of our first outing. If anyone wants to volunteer some time, that would be awesome too.
I am at pinnacle charter school
1001 west 84th ave, federal heights, 80260

· Registered
357 Posts
Awesome, I think I will start with some basics in the classroom. Stuff like knots and basic concepts and work our way up to hitting the local pond and actually casting. My goal would be a Saturday at Somewhere local.

· Registered
357 Posts
I talked to my students and they are super excited to go fishing. Most have never been fishing. I will post some dates as soon as get logistics down.
Thanks again for all the support. This going to be awesome for the kids.
Richard

· Registered
357 Posts
If monument was a little closer id run down and grab the stuff. With a couple more reels i will have a set up for six kids. I could use two spincast type reels for a couple empty rods to make it eight. I ran the idea by my class and they loved the idea. I was surprised how many girls want to sign up. Sorry slayer i cant send you any pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.