Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks sooo much. I will post some pics of our first outing. If anyone wants to volunteer some time, that would be awesome too.
I am at pinnacle charter school
1001 west 84th ave, federal heights, 80260
I could volunteer some time. PM me.

· Registered
357 Posts
Awesome, I think I will start with some basics in the classroom. Stuff like knots and basic concepts and work our way up to hitting the local pond and actually casting. My goal would be a Saturday at Somewhere local.

· Registered
6,685 Posts
I would have a few things to throw down but i actually went through all my stuff a couple months ago and gave it to a friend of a friend who had went through hard times and ended up getting rid of all of his fishing stuff. Sounds like you will have plenty of stuff anyway though!! :)

· Registered
357 Posts
I talked to my students and they are super excited to go fishing. Most have never been fishing. I will post some dates as soon as get logistics down.
Thanks again for all the support. This going to be awesome for the kids.
Richard

· Registered
2,235 Posts
There's a few ponds in the area the CPW would probably stock prior to your event if they have enough time to plan it. I've been beyond impressed with how far the CPW goes to get kids into fishing.... They also have a few ponds they would probably let you take the kids. There's one not far from 74th and Washington that's loaded with fish.

· Registered
1,674 Posts
Nice AO, that's a nice collection of baits and really nice reels and rod to get a kid started. And now you got some good vibes flowing around here

Rapert I will donate a fully guided trip on on lake Dillon off my 20' pontoon boat. if you have more than 4 or 5 kids. I can run two boats and accommodate up to 10 fisherkids. just email me at [email protected] if you want to set something up.

· Registered
11,180 Posts
I've got a couple of rods and reels the kids could have. Live in Monument...not too sure when I'll be in Denver. If anyone's heading up that way..I can arrange to meet at Monument's 7-11.

Nice everyone...and Fordo..that's a great offer...bet the kids would have a blast.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.