Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
The poor pan is getting blown up this year!
The poor pan has been getting blown up since 2015 and still has really nice fish in it because people respect the river/spot. Just type Frying Pan in Google there's about 20 other videos before us. At least we do it the justice of making it look beautiful(sarcasm). Such far drive, I will only go once every 2 or 3 years probably. Not mas many people there in winter. :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
It's not often on internet blast, at least on the websites I frequent. I've seen at least 4 different videos here this winter.

Gotta get those hits, man. Can't monetize without subs smashing that like button.

I'll admit I was surprised when I saw this posted at bloodydecks, too. Dude gets around.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
mriddell - Let me start with saying everyone has their opinion ... and I'm not going to go out of my way to try and change that. But, I will at least spend a minute sharing a bit more about my intentions. I will literally make peanuts on this video so not sure about your whole monetization theory (Uber driving would be a far more lucrative job). Honestly, for the time I spent making this video, I'm likely to make 10 cents an hour when it's all said and done. I made this because I enjoy the combination of filming, fly fishing and story telling. I'm not sure why there is a thought amongst some that the Toilet Bowl is some kind of secret. I assure you it's not, as there are literally hundreds of videos on the exact spot ... along with photos, books, websites, trip reports, forums, news/media articles, etc. So, I don't know ... rather than take shots / make assumptions about someone's hard work ... maybe consider this next time? Respectfully, dan

·
Registered
646 Posts
mriddell - Let me start with saying everyone has their opinion ... and I'm not going to go out of my way to try and change that. But, I will at least spend a minute sharing a bit more about my intentions. I will literally make peanuts on this video so not sure about your whole monetization theory (Uber driving would be a far more lucrative job). Honestly, for the time I spent making this video, I'm likely to make 10 cents an hour when it's all said and done. I made this because I enjoy the combination of filming, fly fishing and story telling. I'm not sure why there is a thought amongst some that the Toilet Bowl is some kind of secret. I assure you it's not, as there are literally hundreds of videos on the exact spot ... along with photos, books, websites, trip reports, forums, news/media articles, etc. So, I don't know ... rather than take shots / make assumptions about someone's hard work ... maybe consider this next time? Respectfully, dan
Right! I'm blessed with a great career to make my ends meat, YouTube's $1 a day is not the reason some of us do this. The intention is to show the beauty of the state, the river and the amazing fish in there and educate for those that want to get out and try. It's catch and release and we show that so the river will keep fishing great the crowds may grow, but that's been a thing there for years way before these videos. That's my 2 cents(No pun intended).

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
The older I get the more I hate winter.

Is it spring yet?

Good vid.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The older I get the more I hate winter.

Is it spring yet?

Good vid.
Man I hear ya. The cold was almost crippling at times. I have a love/hate with Winter fly fishing to say the least. But so ready to get some warmer temps, sunny days, and watch the fish get a little more spread out/active. Looks like some decent weather right around the corner, so excited about that. Really appreciate the comment and kind words Pete-G! dan

·
Registered
413 Posts

Fair enough, thanks for explaining your point of view.

That said, all of us content creators have different opinions on what we share and how we promote it. I too enjoy videography, fishing and story-telling. However, I generally do not name spots. The reports here at CF.com have drastically slowed down over the last 10 years as most of us have realized the impact it was having on our local fisheries. I don't promote my videos on local websites, and I don't join other communities just to promote those videos, because the end goal for me is the content and not the exposure.

Not saying my way is the right way. Carry on as you see fit.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Getting warmer. It looks like 50's next week. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fair enough, thanks for explaining your point of view.

That said, all of us content creators have different opinions on what we share and how we promote it. I too enjoy videography, fishing and story-telling. However, I generally do not name spots. The reports here at CF.com have drastically slowed down over the last 10 years as most of us have realized the impact it was having on our local fisheries. I don't promote my videos on local websites, and I don't join other communities just to promote those videos, because the end goal for me is the content and not the exposure.

Not saying my way is the right way. Carry on as you see fit.
appreciate your reply and sharing your thoughts mriddell.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
So much for listening to the weather forecast. No mention of snow in the forecast but there it is this morning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts