Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not the south platte near deckers for sure. :D i fished from 7:30-10:00 pm near commerce city. i know how everyone hates carp around here but i caught 5 carp all around 10 or 15 pounds. it was a kick in the butt with my trout gear. each fish took about ten minutes to land. that is great practice for when you catch a big fish. it teaches you patience. anyways, i had a great time getting the skunk smell off

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no doubt the place i was fishing was really rocky so that added to the diffuculty

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
I second the practice aspect of the carp fishing.It teaches patience,drag setting,fish control,everything to make one a better big fish catcher.

F

·
0 Posts
I caught a couple years ago on a private lake ....I just tied a little bit of white dubbing on a hook ...I tried to make it look like the little cotton stuff that was coming off the tree's ...it is a blast I didnt get any huge ones but they are like frieght trains

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
for them carp you might try hoppers especialy if they are sucking at the surface. i did good with those years ago on a stream near csu in fort collins

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by the way i caught all of them on nightcrawlers

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i hit the hole again on friday night. i caught 4 the biggest was 30" had to be 20 lbs. i really need to get a scale ;D

F

·
0 Posts
from what catmann29 says you might want to keep one or two for cutbait ......

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i plan on it. i think i can catch bait there whenever i want and its fun as well ;D

F

·
0 Posts
the river in our area is so underfished .....catching carp is a blast, and the chance at a real nice channel cat is just an added bonus

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have not caught any cats yet. but i figure if i fish long enough..... ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts