Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to hit Pueblo before the holiday throngs. Water was up at least four feet from the tournament. All the fish I was catching before were gone and the ones I was finding would not bite anything? Add to that high wind, rain and finally hail?

I kept noticing tons of fish suspended 10-15 feet down? So out of desperation I put out the boards and Flicker Shads. I ended up with 12 Eyes, five smallies and my biggest Colorado Crappie ever?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I found the same thing Neil, the only thing we caught back there was a 7 1/5 lb catfish. I don't pull boards very often, those idiots in their wake boats don't look where they are going. I had a ski boat pass close behind and pick up my leadcore line in his prop. also had a gal on a jet ski looking behind her at full speed, when the guy she was looking at was waving her off she looked where she was going and did a full speed turn and threw water in my boat. she would have missed me but my 10 foot rod would have been in danger. this year the lake won't be to bad as the park is still half closed, and the fishing will be good.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah Byron some dumbass in a speed boat decided to literally stop right in front of me while I was trolling ? they had a 100 yard stretch in either direction in unoccupied!

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Nice crappie...any keeper eyes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts