Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have recently moved to Denver and have a friend coming in town from Wyoming and he has been slaying it up there. He comes through for one day and I was thinking of the Big Thompson in Estes Park or the Poudre west of Fort Collins area.

Any advice on where we could go that isn't all touristy that would be awesome! Just want to show him a good time with a good stretch of flow.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm "assuming" you live north of Denver as you are looking north.

Estes will be full of RMNP traffic. Highway at your back all day. Touristy enough?

Poudre and go high (Big South). Most bail out long before the hatchery S turns but then again that was a few years back. Weekends can get busy. You can get off the highway a bit and even leave it all together.

Hit the Platte for some monster carp and chase it down with a good beer in LoDo.

If you think your going to find water on par with anything your friend has in Wyoming, I suggest meeting him in Wyoming. LOL There is nothing that isn't touristy in this state. That's why they stock; keep the tourists happy.

If you want some other spots, PM me with your location and how far you're willing to drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts