Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old man and I headed up last week to meet Chaz (shutupandfish) to hit the river and we weren't dissapointed. Fished for only about five hours and it was non-stop. We were mainly after the whitefish so we could come home and smoke them up for next week's extravaganza. The hot fly was the red copper john though I am sure anything with a beadhead would have worked. Especially this time of year. We mixed in a few browines on the fly rod and Rainbow X-raps but all of those were released so they could finish making babies. We probably caught around 40 between the three of us including some nice whities on my 3wt. If you haven't caught a whitefish on a light flyrod you are really missing out.
This is the best time of year to go out. If you haven't been out lately, the whitefish and brown spawn is upon us.

Sidebar, my uncle got a bear this year and figured I would just show the picture because its about the biggest damn bear that I have ever seen

·
Registered
301 Posts
You haven't gone to the right places, then, cause you can't keep them off the hook in the Roaring Fork, White, Yampa tribs, etc.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Nice! I recognize the first pic. Looks like you are in Wolcott there. Did ya get the whities out of the eagle or Colorado? We could be neighbors!! haha.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I've never caught or eaten white fish. Looks good though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts