Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front range - Fast action Trout and Bluegills - with Jim and JWurgaft (w/ pics)

Jevan, Jim and myself hit the ice yesturday.

Due to various reasons, we couldn't go far, plus we all wanted to be sure to catch.. So we headed to a pond I know, hoping for a fast action day . . .

a hint, well...

The details . . .

We caught 67 fish between the 3 of us. Our search for fast bite wasn't in vrain. Mostly stocker rainbows, but a lot were colored nice. Plus quite a few Bluegills. There was no "majic jig" ;) As a matter of fact, everything worked (Jevan proved that by catching on almost everything he had in his ice arsenal. I caught on Ratsos, shrimpos, RatFinkys, and a Northalnd mimic minnow. We were lucky to have 3 Bald Eagles flying over occasionally too.

Pictures . . .

[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd265/jamesfs/002_crop-1.jpg

Jim,

Jevan,

Always nice fishing with you guys. Let's do it again soon, and go for bigger fish :D

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Re: Front range - Fast action Trout and Bluegills - with Jim and JWurgaft (w/ pics)

another awesome report james, i think ur givin solesercher a run for his money ;D

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Re: Front range - Fast action Trout and Bluegills - with Jim and JWurgaft (w/ pics)

GrumpieGills said:
another awesome report james, i think ur givin solesercher a run for his money ;D
Dunno what you're thinkin bro.......mine don't even hold a candle to James' reports and then if you figure in the camera work it is a complete shut-out. I've been a big James fan for a grip now. BTW.....still have that 'wings jersey here with your name on it bro. One of these days soon we will have to hit some ice together so I can get it to ya.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts

solesearcher34 said:
GrumpieGills said:
Dunno what you're thinkin bro.......mine don't even hold a candle to James' reports and then if you figure in the camera work it is a complete shut-out.
;) ;D

·
Registered
460 Posts

I M always lovin the pica james got to post great work guys

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

There was no "majic jig" As a matter of fact, everything worked (Jevan proved that by catching on almost everything he had in his ice arsenal.

Is that a joke?! Man, did you know I had to fetch a dog for three hours to get those jigs! The way you and Jim were catching I thought you guys did the same thing ;)..... O0

My dogs would really be jealous..... :D

JK Good fishin' with you guys I'm going to add a couple pics later.Tight lines.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

James and Grumpie are in cahoots on this secert lakes location. :eek:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Awesome work gentleman!!

D.J.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts

Awesome pictorial!...per usual...

·
Registered
209 Posts

James, great post & excellent photos. I am glad to see that Jim at least caught something! I know that area well & am jonesin to get back. We need to all get together & hit it for a day! You failed to mention the TEMPERATURE? BOTTOM FEEDER ! 8)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

swimbait said:
LOVE the Owner beenie!
Thanks man ;D.

BOTTOM FEEDER said:
James, great post & excellent photos. I am glad to see that Jim at least caught something! I know that area well & am jonesin to get back. We need to all get together & hit it for a day! You failed to mention the TEMPERATURE? BOTTOM FEEDER ! 8)

Ron it really wasn't that cold...Didn't even wear gloves most of the day. I went back the next day with Jenn {Tuesday} And it was a lot colder, -10 drop from here in Estes.. :-\ But the action was still on fire....

Anyway thanks for the replies everyone. I'll add a couple pics sometime soon. First time using my new camera.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

soulsearcher, I'd take the Monster fish (Walleye, Bass, Trout, etc..) you catch anyday! Let's definatly hit some water!

Jevan . . . :-[ I didn't want to say anything, but I did get some of those "majic jigs" I only got two (jigs) though, and figured Jim and I needed em more than you.. Unfortunatly I lost mine packing up. After reading you had one too.. I haven't gone back.. What would be the use. Trying to catch at that tough place w/out ba's jig (If anyone has any suggestions...? :D )

Thanks Mark (and for all you do for this site!)

Ron,
I am glad to see that Jim at least caught something!
:D Nice! Water's opening up, hope you have your gear ready!

Thank you everyone, I appreciate it

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

Jevan . . . I didn't want to say anything, but I did get some of those "majic jigs" I only got two (jigs) though, and figured Jim and I needed em more than you.. Unfortunatly I lost mine packing up. After reading you had one too.. I haven't gone back.. What would be the use. Trying to catch at that tough place w/out ba's jig (If anyone has any suggestions...? )

!!!!!!!! O0....ha ha ha. How long did you fetch the dog for two jigs :D...

Really though good fishin' with guy. I'm going to add a couple pics, this was the first use of my new camera;

Tight lines. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts