Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get frozen suckers in town? Or...near Green Mountain/Dillon?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the Warehouse yesterday...no such luck.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Sportsmans in Lakewood/Littleton has suckers, whole big ones, and finger sized ones. No medium sized as of last night. Discount Fishing Tackle on S Santa Fe usually has a good stock on hand.

Dan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot about discount! Thanks guys, headin out the door...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Give Bill's Live Bait a try at 6001 Washington, 303-288-2434
has sucker filet's and whole ones also. Best crawlers in town also. Plus
he is a nice guy.

·
Registered
943 Posts
thats better than the 8 dollars a package i payed last month in granby ???

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
you could try granby on the 7th, i hear theres going to be a bunch of frozen suckers out there.

J/K wish i could be there

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was funny roadkill! I'm laughing like an idiot right now...my wife thinks I'm crazy!

·
Registered
769 Posts
The Thornton Gander Mountain has frozen suckers.  They also have live suckers 5"-8"
lenght.  Can not be used live up in the mountains, but some folks prefer to use them.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Live would be good, freshly dead would be better than old frozen dead........the frozen ones I had on Saturday were kind of mushy, I doubt if fish like to eat muchy fish no more than me.

Dan

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I get them live at bills live baits and just stick them in the zip lock on the way up. Dead and fresh by the time we fish.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
You can by any frozen species of fish to use they all seem to work equally well. I buy the anchovies here in town (grand junction) at our sportsman's warehouse. So if your sportsman's warehouse or wherever carries anchovies, don't be afraid to "walk the wild side". Jk :p Later

1 - 16 of 16 Posts