1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
But shouldnt they just try harder to find a job?!...<sarcasm>

S

·
0 Posts
I got laid-off twice in the last 2yrs, found part time gigs in the meantime but didnt last long. Finally found a new gig 6mos ago and moved back to Colo. Man its a royal pain getting back to normal, but i;m getting there.
I know too many ppl who have not found ( or looked in some cases) a job in yrs... their theory - why take a job for less income than they get on unemployment. Sad, sad, sad..and pathetic.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Love how that unemployment didn't go above "8 percent..."

Mine as well add this in case there is some confusion: <sarcasm>

D.J.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Lets raise income taxes, and put further health care burdens on businesses, that should motivate people to hire. Lord knows, they are gonna need to hire people to fill out that tax form for every $600 they spend.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Jörmungandr said:
personally, I think our country is stupid. I think our founding fathers were worthless, fat, racist rich men. I think we should have given in to our inhibitions in the 60's and attacked cuba, thus incinerating this country... and forcing a communist dictatorship to take care of us. it's the best thing we could have had because it makes the most sense. communism is a great thing. if you don't believe in taking care of your fellow countrymen, you are a selfish ******* and you should be shot. that's what the honorable soviets thought.
LOL.......levity is a scarce and fleeting bedfellow for you isn't it Dave? I enjoy your humour tho.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Cuba is probably not a good example of success, considering Fidel Castro himself said communism failed his country.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/international/americas/view.bg?articleid=1280337&srvc=rss

HAVANA - Fidel Castro admitted to a visiting American journalist that Cuba’s communist economic model has failed and isn’t worth exporting.

“The Cuban model doesn’t even work for us anymore,” the aging dictator told Jeffrey Goldberg, a national correspondent for The Atlantic magazine, when Goldberg asked if Cuba’s economic system was still worth exporting to other countries. From the 1960s through the 1980s, Cuba was accused of backing communist insurgencies in Latin America and Africa.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I usually just read this stuff, but I gotta make a comment here. I work with a guy from Cuba. Now, when most people talk about moving from somewhere, that's how they refer to it...moving. My buddy Daniel never has said that about Cuba. I have only ever heard him say he escaped from Cuba. Sounds like a real nice place.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Jörmungandr said:
Jörmungandr said:
personally, I think our country is stupid. I think our founding fathers were worthless, fat, racist rich men. I think we should have given in to our inhibitions in the 60's and attacked cuba, thus incinerating this country... and forcing a communist dictatorship to take care of us. it's the best thing we could have had because it makes the most sense. communism is a great thing. if you don't believe in taking care of your fellow countrymen, you are a selfish ******* and you should be shot. that's what the honorable soviets thought.

it's all about presentation, jeremy. ;D

if you can't piss people off by posting the truth about what people have actually said on this forum in regards to the high unemployment rates....
I don't see the connection between the first post and the second.
There is only 1 thing I can think of that would have brought some good in bombing Cuba, and in turn, getting nuked ourselves.... Good chance we wouldn't have you around. I thought I turned a corner and brought to myself a sense of humor when it came to this forum, but after the absolute most retarded thing Ive read, I almost can't help myself from telling you off. But then it all comes back to me, and I remember, you Dave, are a joke, and I should just sit back and laugh at you. I shall just sit back and laugh at how pathetic your life must be, and how much misery this country has brought you, that made you feel the way you do about this wonderful place. I would wish you the best Dave, but I think we all know, that would be a complete lie. May your ice be thin Dave.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Silent_Light said:
I know too many ppl who have not found ( or looked in some cases) a job in yrs... their theory - why take a job for less income than they get on unemployment. Sad, sad, sad..and pathetic.
yes and no. i stayed on unemployment for awhile for the simple matter that i could work part time and collect unemployment. makes a difference when you have a family to support. it's not that all people aren't looking (i'm sure some aren't), but why should i take a full time job for less money when i have to take care of a family? it's not cheating the system. i pay taxes. and the company i worked for previously paid into the unemployment fund. i have now gone full time at work since benefits were cut back.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts