Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just whats the worst time youve ever had on the water...I was fishing in my belly boat with an old girlfriend watching me on shore . I was probably 17 and had one of those cheerio belly boats that she had a blast watching me fall all over the place trying to launch myself in the water .....after fishing and not catching anything for about an hour some kid a little bit younger then myself started throwing rocks in the water and some were getting close ....Me being young and Irish I told him what I was gonna do if he didnt stop .....of course he didnt so I paddled towards the shore in a hurry and the kid didnt budge . The closer to shore I get the more my anger grows . My girlfriend is trying to explain to the kid that im not joking and he had better take off.....finally I get to the point were I touching the bottom with my fins by this time im so mad im shaking and everytime I try to lift myself out of the water I slip and fall......So here I am so angry im beat red and everytime I slip and fall I punch the water and start cussing ...to make things even worse I look up and this kid and my girlfriend are laughing so hard they are both in tears ....It took me about 15 or 20 mins to get out of the water by then the kid was gone and my girlfriend(at the time) had a side ache from laughing so hard ......talk about a rough day on the water .....now everytime I pass that pond on 66 or see someone in those old cheerio belly boats I remeber that day.....I have a pontoon now and carry a slingshot in case i run into that kid again ....sorry for the long post but im bored at work .......

·
Registered
943 Posts
my biggest day of frustration was this year up at jefferson. first, imade the mistake of taking the wife. i got her up at 5:00am not early for me but for her oh my. got up there and there was still snow on the ground and she didnt bring a coat. lucky for her i keep one in the truck.always prepared ;D. then after having to help her get down to the lake i finally get to fish. i saw people everywhere around me catching fish. not a bite .then this guy and a kid walked up said i was in the hot spot. they caught a bunch the day before. then they went down about 20 feet from me and started to fish. i guess they really thought i had the hotspot. after about 5 times of untangling their lines from mine i finally said **** it i yelled over to them its your spot and left. its a good thing i did not have a gun.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go snagging at green mountain...as soon as you hook a fish the guy to the left and the guy to the right cast right where you were you hooked one....I tried explaining that there is tons of them out there making runs its not that I have a special spot......goosefraba

·
Registered
164 Posts
goosfraba hahha thats funnny, i guess the most frustrating time fishing was when i was big mac with my gramps and my uncle, the wind was horrible and it rained like there was no tommrow it never did stop rainin actually, i had to wade out into the water to throw out my grandpas lines(2 fishing poles) and my two, and every time i had to wade out i would slip and fall i had boots but it didnt matter by the end of the night i was soaking wet, sore more then anything all cramped up in the back seat, o yea and i didnt catch a thing.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
boy do i have one for ya here and unfortunately this did happen to me

down san diego way i had a 36' diesel fish boat not a fast boat but we had the range to play with the big boys

it was about this time of year and the yellowfin and bluefin tuna were on fire with the occational bigeye you just had to weed thru a lot of skipjack schools to find the tuna. i got a couple of my regulars to gether and 1 new guy (big mistake) a good friend of 1 of the guys. now the fish were 100-125miles out and my boat crusies at around 6-7 knots so we planned on leaving after work on fri and fishing sat returning sun i spent most of the day fri loading gear fueling up (300+gallons) filling coolers with ice (several hundred pounds) filled the fridge with food and sodas, water and gatorade checked all the pumps and filters and went over all the saftey gear got done bout 3 and layed down for a snooze as the gang was comming at 4. got up at 4 and warmed up the engines as the gang got there as the last one stepped aboard i eased away and headed for the bait barge where we loaded up with $200 worth of chovies and sardines. then out the channel and we headed south by 5:00pm as we headed south i had the gang take turns driving to get used to the boat while i went over proceedure (emergency and fishing) with them showed eh how to read the radar, temp gauges, depth and fish finders. the proper way to use the radio what channels to talk on and which ones to easedrop on. round 9:00 as the light was fading i took the helm and told the gang to just kick back and rest up for tomarrows fishing we were going to need it the boats the day before were catching like 100 fish per person of course 8 or 9 out of ten were just skippies. the sea was a bit chopie and required constant input to keep us on course. round midnight i had one of the gang take the wheel while i tried to get some Z's in the pilot house but i just kinda rested for a few hours. round 4ish i re took the helm and saw we were only a bout 90 miles out (slopie seas and bad current held us back) and i wanted to be a good 110 by day light so with only about 2 hours till first light i opened her up and even with the slop got up to a good 10 knots so at first light round 6 i put a guy up top with glasses looking for paddies and we set a few jigs out we started marking bait right away and trolled at a slow 6-7 knots almost immiediatly we started scratching a few few skippies but didnt get any schools to come to the boat round 8-8:30 we picked up a nice yellowfin on a jig with a pair of skippies and started to work that area with a few trolling passes we can hear on the radio several other boats are getting some tuna even a few got schools to go wide open on bait at the boat here we are 1 tuna slurried already and fish every ware just a mater of time and one of our jig stops will go wide open and we will be up to our @$$es in fresh sushi. but roy comes up to the pilot house and tells me dave (the new guy) is sick and wants to go home. im like tough sh1t were in the middle of some of the best tuna weve seen in years he gona have to puke it over the side and go lay down while we fish. roy head back down and i feel for the guy but we all have a lot invested in this 1 sick new guy aint gone screw it up (i hate being wrong) a few min later roy comes back up and say i need to come see how bad dave is. so i hand off the wheel and head below with roy and see this guy curled up in pain holding his head and flopping around on the couch like a possum that just got shot in the head with a 22. im like holy sh1t we gotta call the coast gaurd and get this dude some medical help and roy just say na they cant do nothing hes got this messed up inner ear thing that sometimes messes him up on the water and the only thing that helps is to get off the water.im like no F'n way you guys are just messing with me but i look around and nobody is laughing the others are still on deck tending the lines. im like 2 steps from putting this guy in a dinghy with a radio and telling the coasties where he is and be done with it! i even think man i probly get busted big time for that but here a little jail time for a trip like this i can handle that but with how bad this guy is i figure he might fall out and drown and i dont know if i could handle that. so reluctantly i start a slow wide 180 turn as we had been working or way farther out as we were trollong we were now a good 130 mi out and we had atleast 13 hours at full tilt to get back. as i make the turn 1 of the others comes up and says "hey man were ya headed thought the bite was better back there and i just nod and shake my head after getting the boat stabalized on a course for home i tell everyone that dave the newguy was really F'ed up and we had to head back i had them pull in the lines and set a pair of high speed jigs out and push her to the max and was getting 10 knots out of her everyone just kinda stared out the stern at were we should have been and for the next 13 hours i drove twards home thinking of ways i could have disposed of the new guy, nobody really said anything just kinda sat around and looked in on dave every now and then (hopeing i guess) and just shook there heads we did pick up 2 dorado on the jig on the way back we pulled in the jigs at dark and round 10 most had nodded of to sleep dave was the same just kinda rolling around in pain (in a bed this time) we pulled in to the dock a little after 1am and as roy helped his buddy dave off the boat and up to their car the rest of us just looked at each other in disbelief. as we started gathering stuff up and cleaning the fish (1 yellowfin and 2 dorado) its been like 10-15min since we hit the dock and here comes dave walking down to the boat (looks just fine now) he comes over to me and says "sorry man" then goes below grabs his bags and head for the car as he gets off the boat he says to me that roy was going to take him home and then come back for his rods and his share of the fish. no sh1t!! well when roy gets back we got the boat all put away and the fish fileted and baged so i give roy his bag of fish and then the bag full of carcasses for dave and roy just says sorry dude. now i dont know if roy ever gave the carcasses to dave but i never saw dave again and didnt here from roy for a long time.

now thats a BAD F'in DAY!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea dude i dont think anyone is gonna come close to that.......Its always the new guy that screws things up

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was a good story and you win for the "LONGEST POST."

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
sorry bout the lenghth but i been holding that in for several years and i vented. hey i feel great now this is better than therapy

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
This is my buddy Jevan's story, but I have to tell it.
It was this Monday at Pinewood. He got up at 4, drove an hour, to fish till 10 (before he had to drive back up to work), paid $6. Got to Pinewood about 5:30.
   1st he sees a campfire in the inlet (there's no camping allowed there). So he fishes near the parking lot for the couple off hours or so. (didn't want to disturb campers) Then after another angler went to fish the inlet, he went down there. It was him, the other angler, and the people who had had the fire.
   Next thing he knows, people are up above throwing big rocks into the water. The people are in their early 20s ? The rocks get closer and closer till my buddies thinking they are going to hit him. He turns around, and threatens to mess the guy up if they get any closer. He didn't realize the people w/ the fire are w/ the other jackasses. Anyway, I guess there were some words exchanged, and the campers left. So then the other guy fishing starts talking w/ my friend. This guy is fishing Pinewood w/ mudpuppies  :(. It's sad because this is one of the most positive people I fish w/. He fishes w/ his wife and daughters at Pinewood all the time, but said it will be awhile before he goes back again.

Fishinguitars --- Nice ideal about the slingshot!  8)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i only go to pinewood when the weather is bad for some reason the bums stay out of the rain

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
id go for a paint ball gun before a slingshot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts