Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS...That's Fish Slap's challenge, not fishin'secrets:D...I'll see ya'll in tha viper room later...

Ok as for the report, got on the ice yesterday...

Conditions: Brutal! Knee deep snow covering a foot of slush in some areas, blowing snow, and consistant wind. Despite warmer temp, conditions were the worst of any ice trip so far this season. The wind died down by mid after noon, still hard to get around in the deep snow. I should've worn my snowshoes but I didn't, there's always something to learn... Watched guys getting quads stuck and struggle to get them out.

Action was slow and unfortunately no nice macs were landed. Still cool to get out with my uncle and try for 'em.

My uncle setting up the marcum.

My uncle & I both picked up Tony Roach right&mcgill ice rod, stimulate the local economy (of China ::)) got mine from Cabelas on sale for $22, got the 50" heavy and it is a really sweet ice rod.

Here's one I landed on that rod, also got some new boots (recommened by zman) arctic muck's. Glad I did with all the slush! And look as good as they feel...I think I'll ware 'em to the club next time I go out.

My uncle fighting one on the tony roach rod.

Dinner tonight.

And I can tell you guys not damn bit of that fish was wasted, my lovely wife even ate the eyes and brain, I didn't get a pick of her eating them so here's a pic of her from a buddies wedding a couple weeks ago you can use your imagination.

Tight lines.

FS Challenge open water on the way in a day or two...

·
Banned
553 Posts
Hellz yes duder!!!! (Already got my open water report outa the way)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Awesome report, man - great fish and excellent pics. Way to brave the snow and slush out there, good boots make all the difference. :)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome report, man - great fish and excellent pics. Way to brave the snow and slush out there, good boots make all the difference. :)
Thanks man. Yep, can't agree more, no way to cut corners on boots for ice fishing. I've been using sorrels rated for -100 which are real warm but on one of my last trips with all the slush they got golf ball sized ice balls stuck all over the laces and I couldnt really take em off til they thawed out. They got wet inside that tine too, even so they stayed warm but soggy feet suck anyway.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fins Up! Has she made you some Drunken Noodle or Pad Si Yew yet? Good eats.
Yep... I love Thai food. I tell her I like my food like I like my girls; hot & sweet... sometimes I get hot & sour in both cases ... but hot is anyways good either way.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice report...Man I hate slush...I see you went with the (if you don't have wildlife shots...toss in a pic of the pretty girl instead approach)..Nice touch.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
The boots work good for you in that deep slush?...stay warm too?...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Muck boots and snow shoes are a must have this time of year. A bad day fishing is better that a good day working! It is always fun to get out and wet line Jevan! Gotta plan another trip soon.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice
Looks pretty tasty but I'll pass on the eyes and brain

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice report...Man I hate slush...I see you went with the (if you don't have wildlife shots...toss in a pic of the pretty girl instead approach)..Nice touch.
Yep. I do have pics of kids fishing for my open water report...

·
Registered
341 Posts
**** fishin!! Im going to Thailand......But with that many lakers around cant leave just yet.

Yeah I got the LaCrosse mucks from cabelas and they have been a life saver, 1200 grams of knee high anti slush.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts