Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Hayes this morning after work, trying for them catfish. I caught 2 small ones about 10" and 1 crawdad, all on chicken liver. Had 2 more on but never got to see them they managed to unhook themselves before they made it to shore... To use to trout and the easy hookset. Also caught 8 trout all under 10" mostly on worms but after the wind picked up I landed 3 on salmon eggs before I left. Not a great day for fishing for me... Had reel issues and the fish just werent helping out. Bones caught a nice trout that was well over 20" and over 5" fat on a night crawler. He also caught a dozen or so more while I was there.
Kirbydog swung in and like his 2nd cast caught a nice little juvenile Largemouth on a senko (i think thats what he was throwing). He then fished a little and got into his kayak, hopefully he went to Townsend and did better. I'm sure he will post his report later.

C

·
0 Posts
Where exactly is Hayes located at? Should I take I-25 to get down there from Denver?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yeah really no pics are you shure your epic or did the aliens snatch him up?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
ePic-Got zilch after you left and left myself about 1/2 hr later. Should have been good-windy, cloudy, a cold front coming in but even Bones could'nt explain why the bass wouldn't bite. ;D That was a nice trout he had.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
catmann29 said:
Where exactly is Hayes located at?  Should I take I-25 to get down there from Denver?
Hayes is on Ft. Carson, you can take 1-25 to Ft. Carson then get your vehicle inspected at the gate to get on post... You have to buy a fishing liscense to fish on post, its 20$. So I dont know if it would be worth it if you didnt live close.
Here is some more information:
http://www.ftcarsonmwr.com/recreationFacilities/odr/hunter_ed.html

Jay_In_Parker said:
No pics? Dam E, Thats not like you??
[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
I know right? I work on Ft. Carson and when I went to work I didnt think of grabbing my camera, and since I live 30 mins away from Ft. Carson it wasnt worth it driving back home for... which usually means I catch the best fish but it want the cast today.

kirbydog said:
ePic-Got zilch after you left and left myself about 1/2 hr later. Should have been good-windy, cloudy, a cold front coming in but even Bones could'nt explain why the bass wouldn't bite. ;D That was a nice trout he had.
Before the wind picked up (1/2 hour before you showed) I seen a bunch of bass (3 or 4) busting a 6 inches above the surface chasing those huge dragon flies. I never bring my fly rod when I go there and everytime I'm there I'm always thinking I bet I would do good on the fly here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts