Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to another pond on Ft. Carson that I never fished before. (the woman had to work and the kid had a friend over so if I'm not sleeping we were goin fishing) Thought there might be some bass under the dock so I casted a jig under there and boy was I right 500 3-5 inch bass come hauling up after it. Think the first one I caught was 3 inches (HUGE). The kids started chasing them around catching them left and right. (his friend never fished before so it was fun for a while) I moved down to the windy side of the lake and caught a couple 6 inch rainbows on a floating jighead tipped with a worm. The kids wanted to catch bigger fish so we went to Townsend and my first cast caught about an 11 inch rainbow. Next cast caught about a 10 inch bass, the kids threw their lines out for about a minute or 2 then went to throw rocks on the other side of the lake where there was no one fishing. I ended up catching 5 more bass all between 10-12 inches.

Cody's first bass of the day.

Cody's friends biggest.

My biggest rainbow (the only 1 I caught at townsend)

And the first bass from Townsend.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Re: Ft. Carson Ponds

thats a cool reel i like the way the light shines thru

good to see the kids getting out but we have come to expect that from you keep it up im shure it motivates others to take the kids too

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

roadkill said:
thats a cool reel i like the way the light shines thru
Haha when I saw the picture I said the same thing, most people who see his pole say something about it.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts

ePic-Those lakes are gonna be excellent for bass in 2-3 yrs IF people will just return them to the water. Both those lakes have lots of weed growth, good forage-everything you need to grow nice largemouth. I can't wait. Haynes has big bass right now but those fish are very smart and this time of year its 1-3 bass in an afternoon of fishing. Come fall they will put on the feedbag and get easier to catch-many of these fish were brought up from Teller Res when it went dry about 3 yrs ago.

Its a beautiful thing. ;D

T

·
0 Posts

Sounds like you had a good time.....
Good fishin'!

I wish I was catchin' some fish this morning. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts