Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to another pond on Ft. Carson that I never fished before. (the woman had to work and the kid had a friend over so if I'm not sleeping we were goin fishing) Thought there might be some bass under the dock so I casted a jig under there and boy was I right 500 3-5 inch bass come hauling up after it. Think the first one I caught was 3 inches (HUGE). The kids started chasing them around catching them left and right. (his friend never fished before so it was fun for a while) I moved down to the windy side of the lake and caught a couple 6 inch rainbows on a floating jighead tipped with a worm. The kids wanted to catch bigger fish so we went to Townsend and my first cast caught about an 11 inch rainbow. Next cast caught about a 10 inch bass, the kids threw their lines out for about a minute or 2 then went to throw rocks on the other side of the lake where there was no one fishing. I ended up catching 5 more bass all between 10-12 inches.

Cody's first bass of the day.

Cody's friends biggest.

My biggest rainbow (the only 1 I caught at townsend)

And the first bass from Townsend.

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Ft. Carson Ponds

roadkill said:
thats a cool reel i like the way the light shines thru
Haha when I saw the picture I said the same thing, most people who see his pole say something about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.