Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught 5 bass this morning, from dink size up to 17". All of them on a jig/pig. Snowed off and on all morning. They were all in deeper water, no bites near the shore. Had a few bites that were probably stocker trout that don't know any better. :D It was good to at least get out and wet a line. Ed

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Not bad at all. Over here on the west slope it was cold as hell and raining this morning, and right now it is sunny and low 70's...so my bass fishing may be good tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. All you have to do is sign up for the conservation class they give-its about an hour or two. Then you have to buy a Ft. Carson fishing permit thats good for the year. I think its $15. They have 8 ponds/small lakes but 5 went dry with the drought. The other 3 are all in good shape-they have trout, bass, crappie and catfish. Its decent fishing and its close. Ed

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ed do you have the contact info out there. I have always wanted to fish those ponds. I fished them when I was a kid but that was years ago. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
http://www.ftcarsonmwr.com/recreationFacilities/odr/hunter_ed.html

You dont have to eneter at 115 anymore you can enter at the gate off the interstate which will be easier to go to the rec center. From the gate by the interstate take a left at Specker right after the gas station and follow it around the Rec center on the map is right on Specker after the 2nd Street light on the left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts