Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Dillon last week fished the Blue for a couple of hours. Had some real picky fish in re: to the midge patterns I used. Ended up using a #20 bh pheasant tail with a small red g/b. could not get any fish to rise on a dry.
got about 12, largest went around 19". only 3 other guys on the whole river, weather was great....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Pretty fish....I need to get my ass back on the river scene. Too many days in the office are starting to get to me.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Went to Dillon last week fished the Blue for a couple of hours. Had some real picky fish in re: to the midge patterns I used. Ended up using a #20 bh pheasant tail with a small red g/b. could not get any fish to rise on a dry.
got about 12, largest went around 19". only 3 other guys on the whole river, weather was great....
Try some small midge larva, they work great this time of year. The more minimalist the pattern the better, i.e. thread and wire rib, in sizes 20-22.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Good stuff, been a while since I've fished there.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Nice! The blue is always fun. Obviously mysis work really well on the blue but another fly that I absolutely kill it with is a sz22 red brassie. Those two are my go-tos for the blue. Ive seen some people work magic there with streamers, too.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Cool :thumb:

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nice report! I haven't hit the Blue in quite a while. I'm glad to hear things are good there. Hey, the new car pool lanes open this weekend on 70 so I'm sure everyone will be on the slopes and not in the river?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Haven't fished the blue for years. Are there still hogs or are they scarce these days?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts