Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to the hills with my brother and 3 friends for the weekend. We got into a few both deadsticking and jigging. Lots of snow heading up and about a foot on the ice. Chained up all 4 tires on the ATV and steadily made it out pulling 2 sleds, 2 of us on the seat and one on the front rack. My buddy and his wife drove out with his FJ.

We grilled cheeseburgers on the lake for lunch and just had fun with family and friends. I was a jigging fool and it paid off while sight fishing with the biggest of the weekend around 20.75" (released).

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Why blot out the background in North Park? No one goes there its too far and too cold!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Chained up all 4 tires on the ATV and steadily made it out pulling 2 sleds, 2 of us on the seat and one on the front rack.
Must have been an adventure just riding the ATV... :biggrin1: Nice looking cutbow, man! :thumb:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Seen someones hut take a travel towards Laramie from South Delaney. Tourney was nice, minus BIG fish. Our best was just under 20". Niece had to much pride to turn in the little 10 incher she caught.

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
I've seen some pretty big moose at Aurora too with their lil meese, usually around the swim beach though!

Great job Roman!!!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
nice roman, i was in a good spot, i saw some big ones and had one big one come in open up his mouth and........... totally miss my lure when he went for it and spook himself in the process.. i saw a couple other big ones roaming around down there but they just got spookier and spookier as more and more people drove around.. there sure were a bunch of peeps out there.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice post Roman, I was to the east of you guys and was a little pissed when you guys fired up the grill and the burgers cause they smelled really good and all I had was a cold turkey sandwich lol. We caught six but the largest was 21". That walk from the ramp across the lake was brutal a bunch of snow in the area this year.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
SICKOS!!!...Scott let me know if you want some local peace and quiet fishing on Saturday and yes the ice will be fine...all the snow wont even melt by Friday...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seen someones hut take a travel towards Laramie from South Delaney. Tourney was nice, minus BIG fish. Our best was just under 20". Niece had to much pride to turn in the little 10 incher she caught.
Too bad she didn't turn it in, only 2 youths turned in fish and I believe they paid out to 4 places!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice roman, i was in a good spot, i saw some big ones and had one big one come in open up his mouth and........... totally miss my lure when he went for it and spook himself in the process.. i saw a couple other big ones roaming around down there but they just got spookier and spookier as more and more people drove around.. there sure were a bunch of peeps out there.
Jamie, I saw the biggest fish I've ever seen up there go up to my jig, 1/2 circle it and then swim off - got the 'ol heart rate up for a minute!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice post Roman, I was to the east of you guys and was a little pissed when you guys fired up the grill and the burgers cause they smelled really good and all I had was a cold turkey sandwich lol. We caught six but the largest was 21". That walk from the ramp across the lake was brutal a bunch of snow in the area this year.
Scott, I'll have to PM you my cell, I would have helped you out with the ATV pulling your stuff, and we had extra burgers!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey Roman , I have your number in my phone from two years ago when John helped get us unstuck during the blizzard (Yes my wife is still mad that I drove onto the lake) lol.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I told her $25-$50 bucks, she said it was to small????

Pride vs. money at 11 ??????
I'd be proud of her if she were my niece! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I told her $25-$50 bucks, she said it was to small????

Pride vs. money at 11 ??????
i did this the very first year i ever won any money at the delaney tournament, i caught a decent fish and was going to just let her go because i knew someone had caught a nice one earlier and i didnt think it was that big but my buddy convinced me to turn it in for at least an hourly prize and it ended up being the 2nd place fish worth $400. :)

Scott, I'll have to PM you my cell, I would have helped you out with the ATV pulling your stuff, and we had extra burgers!
scott is such a tough ******* he woulda probably just pulled your 4 wheeler to his spot, to hell with starting it up.. lol

Looked like a fun trip!!!

No Jamie Hughes sighting pics? WT everliving F!!!!???
i was there i was just trying to get away from everybody.. in a tournament i would rather fish a spot i have no idea about than fish all the "popular" spots with everybody else... i hate that "crowd" fishing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts